RTC DLL for accessing Graphics and Info

Messages are moved here (should anyone ever want to see them again) once they are no longer applicable to the current version (e.g. suggestions that have been implemented or bugs that have been fixed).

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
andyboy_uk
On Master

RTC DLL for accessing Graphics and Info

Post by andyboy_uk »

Hi George,

I would very much like to write an editor for RTC however I dont really want to have to extract every graphic and supply them with the editor to be loaded in. Is there any chance that you could do one of the following for me in a future version of RTC (or if you want to send me some code that I could include in the editor)

1. Supply a DLL file that has the following calls:-

a. Get list of objects (dungeon/bitmap/sound/attack) by name (either returning a very long string delimited or an array

b. Allow me to have a getSound() and getItem() and getBitmap() functions to return the object from the RTC data file.

getItem() - could that return an array containing all the properties which in turn has a getPossibleValues() ?

or

2. Could you send me some of the RTCEditor code (C++) not all of it, just the bit that handles getting the resources from the file. I wont change it, just include it in the code I would be using.

This would be a great help to me as it would save me extracting all the gfx.

If not, please let me know, and I will get cracking on extracting everything from the original DAT file.

If anyone knows a good way of doing this then please can you let me know. Im going to need gfx and sound extracted.

Thanks
Andy
Regards,

Andy