Configuring multiple keys for a single function

Messages are moved here (should anyone ever want to see them again) once they are no longer applicable to the current version (e.g. suggestions that have been implemented or bugs that have been fixed).

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Lunever
Grand Druid

Configuring multiple keys for a single function

Post by Lunever »

According to the config file the follwoing keys can be used:

; Allowed values for keys are as follows: ;
; - A to Z ;
; - 0 to 9 ;
; - F1 to F12 ;
; - NUMPAD0 to NUMPAD9 ;
; - INSERT, HOME, END, PAGEUP, PAGEDOWN, DELETE, BACKSPACE, RETURN, TAB, SPACEBAR ;
; - ,./;'#[]-=\` ;

Since I'm moving with the NUMPAD keys, I would like to move the spell-casting control keys into the NUMPAD or near to it as much as possible. So I made INSERT, HOME, END, PAGEUP, PAGEDOWN, DELETE, BACKSPACE invoke the 6 rune slots, and NUMPAD 7-9 the rune line if character 1-3 and NUMPAD0 the rune line of character 4, but ergonomically it would be best to have <+> for the fourth character's rune line. Yet according to the config file, I can use only <-> and </>, but not <*> or <+> .

And even if I use <-> or </> RTC only uses the non-NUMPAD variations, albeit the NUMPAD ENTER triggers the RETURN-Key-Effect.

Also, RTC doesn't use the Windows keyboard language, sor for me, having a German setting, I have to know that my <#> is identical to RTC's </>, which might confuse some players.

Beyond that I would like to be able to tie a function to more than one key and possibly even vice versa.
Parting is all we know from Heaven, and all we need of hell.