** DOWNLOAD RTC ** (Version 0.39)

Messages are moved here (should anyone ever want to see them again) once they are no longer applicable to the current version (e.g. suggestions that have been implemented or bugs that have been fixed).

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

** DOWNLOAD RTC ** (Version 0.39)

Post by George Gilbert »

The latest version of RTC can always be downloaded from the RTC Website:

http://www.ragingmole.com/RTC

For notes on the new features in this and previous versions, please see the RTC Development History

Latest Version 0.39, 11 June 2006

To help show what’s now possible with RTC, I’ve also included with this release an example dungeon with the first few areas of DMII – this highlights RTCs support for the following.

- New interface graphics
- Background music with different volume settings to the main sound effects
- New objects / attack methods / monsters / spells (including different “chest” types such as coin boxes / bags / quivers etc as well as animated dungeon items such as fountains, icons such as potions and monsters with different animations for different attack methods)
- Movable tables / pillars (including support for completely destroying them)
- Multiple wall and floor types
- Fully functional weather systems (in DMII this is directional rain with variable strength / cloud cover and ground puddles together with random lightning strikes, but could be anything)
- Full control over localised lighting such as that emitted by wall torches, fireplaces, lanterns, lightning strikes etc
- Monsters that are passive until attacked
- Reincarnation of characters at places other than VI altars
- Different images for characters in mirrors and in the party
- Shops to buy / sell items and give change (including variable prices / accepted currency types in different shops within a game)

As well as the playable DMII dungeon, I’ve also included the full source file for the dungeon so you can easily see how all the effects are achieved.

Of course, this is just scratching the surface of how the RTC engine can be customised, I’m sure you will all be able to come up with more interesting ideas for new dungeons that use the more advanced features in RTC – I look forward to playing them all :D