[Done for V0.45] Attack ranges

Messages are moved here (should anyone ever want to see them again) once they are no longer applicable to the current version (e.g. suggestions that have been implemented or bugs that have been fixed).

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
R.K.
Apprentice

[Done for V0.45] Attack ranges

Post by R.K. »

George Gilbert wrote:Having a different view range and attack range though is an interesting idea - can you stick it in the suggestions forum, and I'll probably get around to it when I've got some free time.
What I was referring to was mainly the difference between the distance the original monsters can attack from and the distances their spells can travel. For example, the dmweb creature list says wizard's eyes can see the party from ten tiles away, and must be no more than three tiles away to cast spells. As I recall, their spells are strong enough to travel four or five tiles, with lightning bolts doing minimal damage at the end of their range.
Daecon
Expert

Post by Daecon »

Perhaps if the party are 5 tiles away, they can just take a step back each time and never get hit by the spell.

If the monster has to wait until the party are closer, that gives the party less room to escape any spell after it's been cast.

Kind of like a "wait until they're close enough... and BLAMMO!" sort of monster A.I. effect?
Child of Darkness,
Child of Light,
Cast your Influence,
Cast your Might!
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

Done for V0.45