[Not a bug] Hole in the wall placement

Messages are moved here (should anyone ever want to see them again) once they are no longer applicable to the current version (e.g. suggestions that have been implemented or bugs that have been fixed).

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Sabreman
Craftsman

[Not a bug] Hole in the wall placement

Post by Sabreman »

More a graphical error than a bug I think, but I'm playing 0.43 RTC, and those holes you get in the lower-right section of a wall tile - that sometimes have switches in them... well, if that particular tile is ahead of you on your right the hole appears on the left side of the tile, the furthest edge from you. On getting to the tile and turning to face it of course the hole appears in it's proper place at lower-right.
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

Yes - it was like that in the original game too!

RTC allows you to do it properly though, so if you want to create a new item for a custom dungeon that's asymmetrically placed, then you can get it displayed in the correct place no matter where you view it from.
Sabreman
Craftsman

Post by Sabreman »

Blimey - I never noticed that before and I've lost count of the number of times I've played through DM :oops:
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

There are many graphical glitches in DM you don't see until you cast a critical eye over a clone - sometmes the wall stones don't line up in DM either!