[Not a bug] CSB - ROS WAY

Messages are moved here (should anyone ever want to see them again) once they are no longer applicable to the current version (e.g. suggestions that have been implemented or bugs that have been fixed).

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Paradak
Novice

[Not a bug] CSB - ROS WAY

Post by Paradak »

In each of the four ways, there is an alcove. Usually, if you put the item back, the way to the center opens back. Except for the ROS way, because there are several poison darts in that alcove.

This seems like a bug to me, not with the module itself, but with the way the "Constant Weight" attribute works.

The condition to re-open the way should not be based on "constant weight" but on the specific items in the alcove.

However, if the intebnt is the weight, then the alcove with the poison darts should base its conditional weight on the sum weight of all of the darts in the alcove, and not just one.

Pax.
---
L'imagination, c'est la mémoire du possible.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

???

Sorry, your descitpion isn't actually describing the bug at all, merely guessing at the mechanics.

Does it work when it should (if you put a single dart back)?
Does it work when it shouldn't? (While taking away darts with a dart still in)?
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

Note that the "constant weight" parameter doesn't actually measure the weight / number of items that are on a trigger - just whether anything that matches the opby parameter is there or not (a simple binary yes/no).
Paradak
Novice

Post by Paradak »

Exactly! Was that the true intent of this? Does the original ST game also worked like this? Meaning: It's not important what is there, as long as the total weight of what is there is equal to the condition?

I just found it strage that the way is "open" (that you can enter at all) when the "condition" at start, with more than one dart, by default makes it so that the way is closed. The other paths don't "lock up" as soon as you get in ront of their altar like that.

If its intentional, and worked indentically in the real version of the game, then its ok, I guess.

If the real version of the gamec left the way open and closed it as soon as you removed the first dart, then an easy fox would be to add a multiplier to the item-used-to-determine-weight.

Not that major of a thing, though.

Pax.
---
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

The weight of the item is irrelevant. The constant-weight trigger just matches ONE item of the type you specify, and as long as at least ONE item remains on the trigger, then it's condition is matched.

It actually means "is an item constantly here?", NOT "is the item(s) heavy enough to trigger?"
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Does the way open when you remove a dart and the rest are still there? If so, this is a bug (the trigger should only send it's not present' message when there are no darts present')
Paradak
Novice

Post by Paradak »

OK, understood about the flag checking the item's existence rather than its weight. Okay, but then, it still doesn 't work.

The ROS way closes as soon as you remove the first dart, not when you remove the last one. If the condition checks for the existence of a dart, then any dart in the object list should do, no?

Pax.
---
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

That was what I was originally asking you about - yes, that sounds like a bug - the way should only open with the last dart removed, this was how it worked with original CSB
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

OK - I've now checked this in RTC.

The current behaviour (for all 4 ways) is that if you empty the alcove, the way back to the JoW is closed but if you put one item back, it opens.

I.e. for the ROS way, you can nick 2 poison darts and then go down one of the other ways. For all the other ways, you can't nick anything.

I think that is the same as the original (but I havn't checked). Please let me know if anything needs changing though.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Odd ,that's how it should work and he was saying it didn't work like that ...