[not a bug] different resolution in window-mode

Messages are moved here (should anyone ever want to see them again) once they are no longer applicable to the current version (e.g. suggestions that have been implemented or bugs that have been fixed).

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
THOM
Artisan

[not a bug] different resolution in window-mode

Post by THOM »

when you use the window-mode of RTC (which I do while editing and checking a Dungeon) I realized, that the resolution of the bitmaps differs from the full-screen-mode. To be precise the length seems to be shortened (or the hight streched).

Could it be possible to get that right? Would help to verify your bitmaps.

Thanks

THOM
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

If you think about it, windows mode is showing the correct resolution, full screen is displaying the same resolution but stretched to the size of your monitor - so really you need to match the full screen resolution to your monitor perhaps?

Also, if you notice in the docs GG says he will not support the windows mode, and it took a while for him to even mention what the code was to the general populous....or basically, your bitmaps should always be to the full screen, but your bitmaps should always be equivalent to those around it (monsters having same relative height dimensions, etc) so if one looks wrong, they all look wrong
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

thom, in window mode, use 640x400 resolution to check bitmaps instead of 640x480.

in fact, i always play in window mode (960x600) even if it's not supported :P and RTC takes all CPU in this mode !
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Yep, Linflas is right -- there is a discrepancy between how the viewport resolution is handled between full-screen mode and windowed mode -- you need to compensate accordingly.
THOM
Artisan

Post by THOM »

thanks, Linflas
that was really helpful. I am always afraid to alter options depending the hardware - so I have forgotten that you can set something for the SCREEN_MODE.

Have you realize: when you change the mode ang get a correct picture in the window, you have a incorrect one in fullscreen.
I think I will switch between both resolutions while switching between the screen modes.

bye

THOM