Monsters less aggressive than original DM?

Messages are moved here (should anyone ever want to see them again) once they are no longer applicable to the current version (e.g. suggestions that have been implemented or bugs that have been fixed).

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
rob3034
Craftsman

Monsters less aggressive than original DM?

Post by rob3034 »

I Recently downloaded RTC and It is very good, but on level 3 (just for example) past the 'screamer room' and at the end when you kill the mummy and loads of pink worms appear.
I always remember that being really hard, and the worms hunted you down whilst you slept and being aggessive.

But on RTC orginal DM version, the worms didnt seem interested in me as though i wasnt there!!! i took a few steps back went to sleep and still they didnt attack or really do anything except let me kill them!!!

Anyone agree? or know if its true? or is it me not remembering correctly?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

People complain monsters sense too well, then people complain that monsters don't sense well enough...that does sound odd if you can back off and not be attacked though

Also, monster sensing is slightly different that DM.

I'm not sure what the status is just now... you can download the original DM game through the encyclopaedia or play it through CSBwin and see if it is as you remember and if they are more aggressive in DM
rob3034
Craftsman

Post by rob3034 »

thanks for replying!

sorry it wasnt a complaint as such!! wasnt getting at anyone, just didnt seem quite the same as i remembered.

i do have the ST version, with steem emulator, i will try it and see, and let you know.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Wasn't saying you are, the game is and will be tweaked by people giving their opinions... but since it is so much based on perception, rememberd 'wasn't this much better' is always less helpful than people playing it and the ori8ginal and saying if they feel somehting is off too much

Have fun!
Sophia
Concise and Honest

Post by Sophia »

Yeah, beo, stop complaining, I hate when people complain so much, it really makes me mad... people need to stop complaining, I get so sick of hearing it. It's so annoying. Honestly. What's wrong with you.

:roll: :P
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I complain and complain until I am blue in the face about people who complain, yet no one listens to my complaints : ( I should complain to someone about that
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Well, there's a difference between listening and hearing...we hear you, but I dunno if anyone really pays any attention ;).