Add easier difficulty setting

Messages are moved here (should anyone ever want to see them again) once they are no longer applicable to the current version (e.g. suggestions that have been implemented or bugs that have been fixed).

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
danielcg
Apprentice

Add easier difficulty setting

Post by danielcg »

Just like Oblivion, Dungeon Master will automatically adjust enemies to match party statistics. Oblivion also have adjustable difficulty called "Relative difficulty".

Difficulty Setting inside RTC is "relative" to normal difficulty. However, I am suggesting to add "negative" numbers to difficulty settings to make gameplay easier.

Note: They will only modify monster's health and damage by percentage (after adjustment made by Dungeon Master mechanism) and modify hit percentage and damage to the monsters. Also, lower difficulty setting (negative) will boost experience gain by attacking and casting spells and alter powers for each power runes. It will not boost character statistics, only alter gameplay.
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

i agree with you for these negative settings in RTC but (let's get a bit OT) i don't like a lot that "relative difficulty" in Oblivion : i can understand that it can be suitable for beginners but Oblivion gets harder and harder as long as you progress : that can be logical for new clashed ennemies such as demons, but that is stupid for wolves or goblins !
my character is level 27 and it took me 10 minutes to kill one poor berserker goblin !!?!?!
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Re: Add easier difficulty setting

Post by George Gilbert »

danielcg wrote:Just like Oblivion, Dungeon Master will automatically adjust enemies to match party statistics.
I'd just like to point out that RTC came out well before Oblivion did. I think you should be saying "Just like RTC, Oblivion will automatically adjust enemies to match party statistics."

This has been a public service announcement - thank you for listening :wink:
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

RTC won't be coming out for a few weeks, as it takes this long for certain people with big heads to elevate them to a sitting position to get coding again :P