Lightning and Poison Strength

Messages are moved here (should anyone ever want to see them again) once they are no longer applicable to the current version (e.g. suggestions that have been implemented or bugs that have been fixed).

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
danielcg
Apprentice

Lightning and Poison Strength

Post by danielcg »

I have played RTC since last week and reached Level 8 Dungeon.

However, I also played Dungeon Master for Atari ST in 16 years ago and found in RTC, lightning and poison strength are same as fireball strength at same power level. In Atari ST, lightning and poison strength are 50% of fireball strength at same power level.

As result, in normal difficulty (because easier difficulty setting I suggested are not yet available), Wizard Eyes and Swamp Trees are very tough because of poison and lightning strength are much more powerful than Atari ST version. In Level 6 Dungeon where Wizard Eyes and Skeletons, I died about 30 times from Wizard Eyes (2 or 3 Wizard Eyes attacks at same time)!!! Anyway, I am finally survived barely and advanced to Level 7 (Ra Floor) then go on to Level 8. :shock:

I don't know if Atari ST version or RTC version have a bug regarding to lightning and poison strength. Maybe Atari ST may have a bug and George Gilbert may have fixed a bug (it may be advantage bug?).

I also detected monster behaviour bugs but someone already reported the bug. This bug would allow me to escape when the monster in close range go away (and not attack) sometimes by making my characters invisible when certain monsters are in closest range. The worms and flying snakes are most affected by the bug. Also, I detected monster boundary are not present in RTC.
rob3034
Craftsman

Post by rob3034 »

yes, i found this too.
I died dozens of times by the wizard eyes. I never ever remember them being anything but easy to tackle.

but in RTC (orig DM) they were very difficult and scary.
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

Well, the spell behaviour goes both directions - After all your characters can utilize better poison and lightning power too. Imho RTC has a very good balance in regard to spell damage, albeit it may not be identical to FTL, same goes for some other features.

Accidental monster blindness in V0.43 has indeed already been reported and according to George been fixed for the next build (V0.44).
Parting is all we know from Heaven, and all we need of hell.