[Fixed for V0.44] rock piles anit-fire

Messages are moved here (should anyone ever want to see them again) once they are no longer applicable to the current version (e.g. suggestions that have been implemented or bugs that have been fixed).

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
rob3034
Craftsman

[Fixed for V0.44] rock piles anit-fire

Post by rob3034 »

just a query. do the rock piles have the same anti-fire on RTC DM as they did on the orginal ST DM? or were the values extimated?

because, on my test game ive just gone down onto the 3rd level where you meet a few rock piles. it took 10 level 1 fireballs on STDM, but only took 6 on RTC DM to kill him. (standing directly next to creature).

(just before anyone asks and for future ref!, when i do these 'experiments' between the 2 games all parameters are the same on both games, i.e. same character, in same party position, with same creature etc) :)
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

That's within a factor of 2 and so could easily be explained by chance (each fireball cast has a random power level - albeit around a mean value based on the power level of the spell). You could just have been unlucky in the original game and lucky in RTC.

That said, it's on the extreme side of probabilities, perhaps the rock piles need a bit more fire resistance.
rob3034
Craftsman

Post by rob3034 »

ill try it again, when i meet another :)
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

Fixed for V0.44