[Fixed for V0.44] "lucky" kicks, chops etc

Messages are moved here (should anyone ever want to see them again) once they are no longer applicable to the current version (e.g. suggestions that have been implemented or bugs that have been fixed).

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
rob3034
Craftsman

[Fixed for V0.44] "lucky" kicks, chops etc

Post by rob3034 »

something ive noticed, im at the screamer room in my test game.

As i think i mentioned b4 champions dont need any experience levels to be a able to 'chop' with an axe on RTC you need to get to 'apprentice'... are the actions with weapons against XP levels "made up" in RTC?

also, on ST DM, with the axe and sometimes with kicks and punches and indeed with all the weapons, even on low XP levels (neophyte-journeyman) you occasionally (every 8-10 attacks roughly) seem to get a lucky hit, where the damage to the screamers is much higher than normal. For example choping with the axe is averaging around 15-30, out of the blue you get HIGH hit, once it was 106!!!, but usually remains around 45-80
Just got a 45 & 50 kick attack!! with XP apprentice.

this doesnt seem to happen on RTC, all the attack values seem consistently low(er)
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

The ST and other versions of DM had a bug, where if you moved for a while, instead of an internal strength modifier draining, it accidentally increased...I used to only notice it in that my carrying capacity would go up a while after compat, and I thought it was a cool 'adreneline' boost...but nope, you should be getting fatugied in combat,. This high roll may be somethign to do with that
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

As beowuuf said, there's a bug in the original game that RTC doesn't have (which is a good thing).

Having said that, the internal "lucky" hit calculation only doubled your attack; I've adjusted this for V0.44 to allow a range of higher multipliers if you're even luckier!