[Fixed for V0.44] RTC Editor bug involve invincible flag

Messages are moved here (should anyone ever want to see them again) once they are no longer applicable to the current version (e.g. suggestions that have been implemented or bugs that have been fixed).

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
danielcg
Apprentice

[Fixed for V0.44] RTC Editor bug involve invincible flag

Post by danielcg »

I found another bug in RTC Editor. If I create monster generator that involve any monsters that has invincible flag set and I save the dungeon, RTC Editor set health of the monster on that generator to -1. That caused errors when I compile the dungeon.

Note: If I place the monster (with invincible flag set) alone then the health is not changed during saving the dungeon. If I place monster generator and attach the monster with invincible flag set to monster generator and save the dungeon, RTC Editor incorrectly save monster's health!

As workaround, I have to edit my saved dungeon in text editor and locate monster generator that contain invincible monster and change the health to correct amount. I must do that everytime I save the dungeon in RTC Editor.

This problem affected my custom CSB Dungeon. It did not affect my custom DM since invicible monster in custom DM is placed alone and is not spawned by monster generator.
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

Fixed for V0.44

Well, I say fixed. There was a problem with the Chaos generator in the CSB dungeon and I fixed that (the editor didn't like generators that created any monster with a very large health). And that bug is consistent with all the *symptoms* you describe.

Can't find any issues with the invincible flag though.
danielcg
Apprentice

Post by danielcg »

Good thing!

There is nothing wrong with invincible flag by itself. If I place the monster with invincible flag ALONE rather than spawned by monster generator, the health amount will not change to -1 by RTC Editor when I save my dungeon and will not cause an error during compiling my dungeon. I know that health amount will be ignored by RTC game.

Thanks GREAT! You should don finest robe as Archmaster of all the arts!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

*psst, he's already the grey lord, Id don't think he could go higher*