[Not a bug] CSB ROS Iron key doesn't unlock Iron keyhole?

Messages are moved here (should anyone ever want to see them again) once they are no longer applicable to the current version (e.g. suggestions that have been implemented or bugs that have been fixed).

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Archmage
Neophyte

[Not a bug] CSB ROS Iron key doesn't unlock Iron keyhole?

Post by Archmage »

Hi,

I've been playing RTC0.43 and I love it! :D
I've been playing Chaos Strikes Back, but I'm stuck on the Path of ROS.

I'm in the area where I pull a green gem out of the wall and then a wall opens up with a keyhole for an iron key. When I try to put an iron key into it, nothing happens. This is stopping me from progressing in the game & finishing it. When I kill myself near that keyhole, the Hint Oracle says that you need an iron key to put in the keyhole. I have over 5 iron keys, but none of them work. I'm stuck! I can't even find any lockpicks in the dungeon.

I remember that the Amiga version of Chaos Strikes Back had lockpicks. Perhaps this lock is a test of the ninja since it's on the path of ROS & the game wants you to use lockpicks? Either way, I don't know what's wrong and I'm stuck.
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

Hi, welcome to the forums and it's great that you're enjoying the game!

The hint oracle is being misleading here - the lock *only* opens with the lockpicks (which is how it worked on the Amiga version - the ST version didn't have this lock at all!).

The lockpicks are in the dungeon, but their location is randomized at the start of each game (i.e. they won't be in the same place as they were when you last played the game). You'll have to come back to this lock when you've found them.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

As a hint, gigglers are part of this randomised distribution - so they may be lying around, but just as likely some long armed thief may well be rushing around waving them about and mocking you