[Fixed for 0.44] Lord Chaos is killable in CSB

Messages are moved here (should anyone ever want to see them again) once they are no longer applicable to the current version (e.g. suggestions that have been implemented or bugs that have been fixed).

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
RockSword
Neophyte

[Fixed for 0.44] Lord Chaos is killable in CSB

Post by RockSword »

Hi,

I just went through CSB again a second time, and I found out (by accident actually) that Lord Chaos is killable. He is located in the area before the FULYA pit on Level 0.

The way to kill his is to cast a dispel spell on him, like DES EW. After one hit, he dies in the same death animation as a Couatl. After you kill him, you can then throw the four corbums into the FULLYA put and in the game over screens it will say:

LORD CHAOS
KILLED 1/1

So you have actually killed him.

I remember on the Amiga version, there was no way to kill him in Chaos Strikes Back and that Lord Chaos was supposed to be invincible.
Killing him in CSB with DES EW this way is easier than killing those blue water creatures!

Thanks for a great port! Absolutely love RTC!

Best Regards,

Martin
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

He's not just killable with a Des Ew - I managed it with a panicked throw of a single Ful Bomb after he followed me through a wall. Suffice to say, I was rather surprised when he suddenly disappeared in a large cloud of grey smoke :D.

Post by danielcg »

Did you play RTC Version 0.44 OR earlier?

In Version 0.44, the bug regarding to monster generator that generate Lord Chaos incorrectly set health value to invalid values and it have been fixed. I already detected a problem (RTC Version 0.43 and below) when I saved my modified CSB dungeon and tried to compile my modified CSB dungeon (it generate errors during compiling). I checked my saved text file generated by RTC Editor and found it assigned Lord Chaos with negative values.

I have played my own modified CSB Dungeon with Version 0.44 and there is no way to kill Lord Chaos at all. Yes, I did killed Lord Chaos with fireballs or other spells in previous versions but not happen in Version 0.44 anymore; therefore Lord Chaos is now properly invinicible.
RockSword
Neophyte

Post by RockSword »

I played with version 0.43. I'll have to get a copy of the new version then ;)