[Not a bug] Fury puzzle

Messages are moved here (should anyone ever want to see them again) once they are no longer applicable to the current version (e.g. suggestions that have been implemented or bugs that have been fixed).

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

3) K, now I got a "Side quest completed - all gems mined" message similar to the "Side quest completed - all wolf treasure retrieved". And what use is that aside from informing me that I can stop searching for gems?

10) I tried everything by now, I just don't get into the room with the fury and the fireplate (trigger at L 23,24,4).
If I throw something that'd normally land at exactly that distance the item just disappears midair. Seems I can't use porter or scout minions, attack minions hovering there don't do anything, neither are guard minions of any use, and items thrown at the right moment at a minion hovering there disappear at well. Tables don't do anything either in those pits except being destroyed. Is it possible at all in the current release to solve that puzzle?
If so, how?
Parting is all we know from Heaven, and all we need of hell.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Normally land is a little tricky, usualyl thrown items have a plus or minus half a tile margin for throwing them, unless they are unsuitably heavy

I seem to recall the middle weapons beign a good compromise to eventually get the pad
Parallax
DMwiki contributor

Post by Parallax »

Back in v0.43, that puzzle was solvable as follows:

Summon a guard minion over one of the pits.
Push the guard minion one square away so it stands over the trigger. You can use the spell or glove or pushing, you can also pull form the other side depending on the configuration.
Throw something at the guard minion, the item will fal on the trigger. Problem solved.

Unless something has changed dramatically since then, it should still work.
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

I tried that guard minion idea, it just refused to being pushed. Well, I'll try again, and proceed elsewhere if that stil doesn't work.
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

Strange, now I tried again and it worked. I swear I did it before because it was the logical thing to do, but I had no success. I suspect that when I tried it first that attack minion I had summoned before occupied the space I tried to push the guard minion into.
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

PS: While there is still no scout minion, why not use the CSB map spell ZoIrNeta in the meantime as a substitute?