[Done for V0.45] optimizing RTC module format

Messages are moved here (should anyone ever want to see them again) once they are no longer applicable to the current version (e.g. suggestions that have been implemented or bugs that have been fixed).

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
linflas
My other avatar is gay

[Done for V0.45] optimizing RTC module format

Post by linflas »

i remember that RTC modules files are some kind of big zip archive containing source and new stuff.
as FoD.RTC is about 20Mb and i have completed approximately 20% of the new bitmaps and 50% of the new sounds and musics, i was wondering if it could be possible to gain a few kbytes (and especially compilation time !) by adding some of these suggestions :
- if i use a bitmap for left view, i don't have to add another bitmap for the right view but instead, saying to RTC that it is the horizontal opposite of the left view. this is mostly happening for "entrance_from_xxx_to_yyy_direction" flooritems.
- adding to config.txt or somewhere else, a COMPILE_WITHOUT_SOUND tag (please!).
EDIT : of course, if some of the sounds are triggered in the dungeon, they should work but don't play because they are 0kb sized.
- if a file (bitmap or sound) is used twice or more, i don't know if it is included only once in the compiled RTC module, but if not, it should be.

maybe people have other suggestions like these ?
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

i've just tested the 3rd point by adding a bitmap with some position values and adding again the same bitmap with different position value s and a different name : the RTC file grows.
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

Done the 2nd & 3rd suggestions for V0.45
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

the TEST tag is a godsend ! thanks in dvance for the hundred of hours i will gain :D