[Fixed for V0.46] Vanishing items

Messages are moved here (should anyone ever want to see them again) once they are no longer applicable to the current version (e.g. suggestions that have been implemented or bugs that have been fixed).

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Lunever
Grand Druid

[Fixed for V0.46] Vanishing items

Post by Lunever »

Items dropped or thrown when standing on an open movable wall disappear from the game.
Parting is all we know from Heaven, and all we need of hell.
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

Hi Lunever,

I can't reproduce this at all (either by creating a test dungeon with an open movable wall in it, or by using the save game file you sent me); I think something more complex must be going on than it just being as simple you describe!

Can you reproduce the bug with a simple test dungeon?

Alternatively, can you make an RTC recording of you throwing an item in DM / CSB and it dissapearing so I can watch it and check I'm doing exactly the same thing as you are?
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

I sent you another savegame with an exact description how to reproduce the bug. I'll send you a recording too.
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

SORRY the last example I wanted to send you with the nearest movable wall for my party was wrong, there I just laid something inside the next illusionary wall.
But I used a previous savegame now from the Junction of the Ways (Dain direction) and recorded several items when there are plainly disappearing.
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

I doublechecked the other saqvegame I accidentally sent you first - and it has such a bug too, just not the same one as the other ones. If I throw an item it will disappear, like by clicking a sword in the air (in the middle of the illusiory wall). If I give a dagger to a character and throw it by using the action icon it also disappears (you hear it hitting a wall but it is nowhere to be found when examining the other side of the illusionary wall or the illusionary wall tile itself. However, if I do it again then like by performing the throw action for the poison dart the character has drawn after throwing the dagger the dart behaves normally, i.e. not vanishing.
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

Now its getting weird and confusing - I retried this a couple of times with the savegame I thought I had handled wrongly - somtimes thrown items disappear, sometimes not. Sometimes dropped items disappear, sometimes not. Sometimes they reappear when I leave the tile and reenter it and sometimes not. I don't understand it - but I assure you I'm sober and have observed it now several times, taking care that I did not accidentally lose anything just on the illusionary wall adjacent.
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

Ahhhhh - i've finally managed to reproduce it.

The problem isn't "Items dropped or thrown when standing on an open movable wall disappear from the game.", it's when the party is standing on a closed movable wall.

Clearly a party can't walk into a closed movable wall, but what can happen is that a party can walk into an open one, and then, afterwards, triggers close it...

...when the item is thrown, it is actually inside a closed wall and the engine can't cope with that (yet :wink: ).
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

Aaaaaaah - and because the last example is a giggler-operated wall the bug isn't always occuring. Now I get it.
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

Now fixed for V0.46 :D