[Fixed for V0.46] Deleting monster that's used in a hint

Messages are moved here (should anyone ever want to see them again) once they are no longer applicable to the current version (e.g. suggestions that have been implemented or bugs that have been fixed).

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Big-J-Q
Adept

[Fixed for V0.46] Deleting monster that's used in a hint

Post by Big-J-Q »

I just experienced something like this. I was adding location hints, and after a minute of consideration I cancelled. At this point all of the fields were empty, I had only pressed 'select location' to decide on the, umm, center point of the hint. Crashed. And after restarting RTC ED and loading my dungeon, all the location hints were gone. Monster hints were left untouched.

However, looking at the crash dump, this may not be the (only) reason for the crash; I think I also deleted a cloned monster for which I had created a monster hint. Still, just prior to the crash, I had successfully created another location hint.

Code: Select all

RTC Editor (V0.45) Diagnostic file - Tue May 01 11:46:37 2007

Error:

an access violation exception.

Stack Dump:

RTCModule.SMTGetSafeObjectNo(string "MONSTER_MUMMY", int 1096);

RTCModule.SMTHintOracleCreatures(pointer 0x00546DC8);

RTCModule.SaveModuleText(string "Z:\\home\\jannevie\\RTC045\\Modules\\bjq\\bjq3.txt", int 1, pointer 0x7E6F6C18);

RTCEditView.SaveFile();

RTCEditView.OnFileSave();

RTCEditApp.WinMain();
Perhaps I should note that being a Linux-user, I run RTC through Wine.
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

The problem is soley down to deleting the cloned monster that is used in a hint. I've changed the thread title accordingly and fixed the problem for V0.46.