[Not a bug] Attack_Methods work too great when second usage

Messages are moved here (should anyone ever want to see them again) once they are no longer applicable to the current version (e.g. suggestions that have been implemented or bugs that have been fixed).

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
LordXYP
Apprentice

[Not a bug] Attack_Methods work too great when second usage

Post by LordXYP »

I have made a method to upgrade some clothes from level 1 to level 7.

It uses method_combine with a zo-ir-ku spell and a cloth to upgrade.

That should only work when player have a minimum experience level : for exemple level 7 in priest to upgrade a peace of clothe from 0 to 1. Then i've written the number 7 in the right place : "minimum level experience".

But when i compile, problem is that this method work all times, character having right level... or lower ! That's not good.

Other thing : when the second row "usage attack methods" ise used in RFTCEditor, there is no problem and no bug in the game. But when this second usage attack methods is "NULL" the bug is.

GG, do you want i send you the TXT file ?

Thanks a lot ;)
LordXYP
Apprentice

Post by LordXYP »

Ok , i found where is the problem. It is the same thing with arrows i said to GG i tried to make with tube_arrow and point_lava.

The problem is : an action_combine method MUST be put in the first "Usage Attack_method" row of the object. Others methods must be put in the two others rows. If you put the action_combine method in the second or the third position after another attack_method, the combine method will work in test mode, but not with the .rtc file (and the effect of combinated object will be very low)

The second thing is : if you use an action_combine method in the first "usage attack method" row of an object, the second row "Usage Attack method" of the object MUST be used by an attack_method. No NULL ! Else your action_combine method will appear in all cases, characters having or not having the right exeprience level to use it.