[Fixed for V0.47] Ghost picks up items

Messages are moved here (should anyone ever want to see them again) once they are no longer applicable to the current version (e.g. suggestions that have been implemented or bugs that have been fixed).

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

[Fixed for V0.47] Ghost picks up items

Post by beowuuf »

The player ghost can pick up items out of an alcove (this was from the start of materialiser's dru-tan, a scroll)

The ghost can't throw throw it, just put it back in the alcove

Pretty minor, you just now one of these days someone will have a scroll picking up mechanics at the start of the game!
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

This is the OPBY MOUSE which is different from OPBY HAND, not a bug i think.
THE Materializer
Apprentice

Post by THE Materializer »

Thanks for pointing that out. I think maybe the only two ways to avoid it would be to start the player with a character from the beginning, or lose the two scrolls by the entrance. Those and the bainbloom should be the only objects you can get to as a ghost.
-+ THE ~ Materializer +-
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I still think this is a bug for the game engine that the alcove uses an opby_mouse not opby_hand. If ever there was a wall object that would use it the other way around!
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

i insist, this is a feature, i've played a beta-dungeon where the ghost player has to move and activates things, and that ws very interesting !
i remember in previous versions of RTC that the OBPY_MOUSE was the only way to activate wallitems and so on, but George added the HAND and HAND_EMPTY by request.
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

Hmmm - I'm leaning towards beowuufs point of view here.

What I think he's saying is that the *alcove* is the problem, not the general case of a wallitem with actions like a switch (which as you say Linflas, can be set to be operated by the ghost or require a party).

The behaviour of picking items up from an alcove should be exactly the same as picking items up from the floor - i.e. you can't do it unless you've got a party member.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

That is indeed what I am saying!

It should be easy enough with the opbys to create an alcove the ghost player can use, or perhaps this option is needed to be alterable if you clone an alcove
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

Fixed for V0.47