Equipped in right hand not working

Messages are moved here (should anyone ever want to see them again) once they are no longer applicable to the current version (e.g. suggestions that have been implemented or bugs that have been fixed).

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Equipped in right hand not working

Post by Gambit37 »

I've set a cloned scroll to be equipped in both left and right hands. It has an attack method assigned, so it should appear as an icon in the action menu when placed in either hand.

The scroll icon only appears when in the standard action hand (left), nothing happens when it's placed in the character's right hand (our left).

I thought maybe scroll default behaviour was overriding the cloned behaviour, but I've confirmed this also happens if you clone other, actionless items (ashes).
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Equipped means whether you get any bonuses for holding it.

So the mace of order gives you 5 strength when held in the action had in DM, while RTC lets you hold it in your off hand. And of course in DM2 items were equiped and gave bonuses i nthe sheathe and pouch too!

GG separated this behaviour out as a customisable feature a while ago due to our whining.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Oh... :oops:

OK, well let's turn it into a suggestion then: can items also be "usable" in the other hand too?

EDIT: Never mind, I realise this is impractical in terms of managing the action buttons.

:oops:
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Heh, let's face it, what you want is a dungeon switch and engine upgrade to that you can either implement DM2's two handed action menu, which others have asked for

Just your sneaky subconcious its tryign to slowly build up to it and take GG along with you :D
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

As beowuuf says, RTC is behaving as designed - what you want is DM-II style being able to use items in both hands (an existing suggestion).