Can't seem to be able to play CSB/RTC

Messages are moved here (should anyone ever want to see them again) once they are no longer applicable to the current version (e.g. suggestions that have been implemented or bugs that have been fixed).

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Frederik
Neophyte

Can't seem to be able to play CSB/RTC

Post by Frederik »

Hiya folks ima completely new here and just recently found this old gem of a game.Thanks very much by the way I always loved it when i played it almost 20yrs ago lol.
Anyways I seem to be having a mjor issue with playing CSB, I can go into prison get guys save and than restart, but when i get my guys up an running and should be in a room with worms thats all dark I can't move, can't check my chars equipment screen, can't cast spells and end having to alt delte and shut the program down without even getting to start the game in earnest. Can someone pls help me???

Thanks
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Go to the RTC homepage, but instead of downloading the 0.47 package, manually type in the address for the 0.46 package.

That should clear up whether it's a bug in the newest release, or something else - and let you play CSB without waiting for the bug fix!
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

Actually, v0.48 has already been released, so the savegame bug of v0.47 shouldn't be there. Which version are you using Frederik? Oh, and welcome to the forums! :D
Frederik
Neophyte

Post by Frederik »

Hey thanks guys but since I have the latest version out there I am running vo.48 I had no problmes whatsoever with DM and even checked out skullkeep and only bugged out at the doors b4 the void but no luck whatsoever with CSB :(
I don't have a clue what could be wrong and I have spent the last 2 days pouring over the forums and the innumerable posts to try and find somethin but ima stuck in the mud .
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

It will probably be a v0.48 bug and GG will need to look into it

As said, go to the download link for 0.48, and alter it to 0.46 and see if the game works ok!
Frederik
Neophyte

Post by Frederik »

okie dokie thanks man but now i have one more question since ima comp newb.....i went to link but when i click on it i just get same download i already have how do i change it to vo.46 sry man but ima real comp newb here heh
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

Frederik
Neophyte

Post by Frederik »

Thanks very much you guys appreciate the help will post later on this evenin once i've checked it out :)
Frederik
Neophyte

Post by Frederik »

Cool thanks very much man vo.46 works fine with one exception i cannot use my saved guys from v.0.48 :( i copied save files into correct folder but no luck oh well start all over i guess lol.

Thanks again I appreciated the help very much.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Yeah, sorry about that! Usually a version release, especially with the spacing in time of v0.46 to 0.48, isn't backwardsly compatible (and hence not forwads compatible either!)

At least you can play the game for now, meanwhile I'll move this across to the RTC bugs forum - expect perhaps a request for your game from GG!
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

This is now fixed - if you download the latest version (V0.49) then everything should be OK again.
Frederik
Neophyte

Post by Frederik »

Cool Thanks very much eh, it has been very enjoyable to revisit this old game again and sparked a pile of fond memories from years ago. Thanks