[Fixed for V0.49] 'Make New Adventure' doesn't work

Messages are moved here (should anyone ever want to see them again) once they are no longer applicable to the current version (e.g. suggestions that have been implemented or bugs that have been fixed).

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
AnalogX
Neophyte

[Fixed for V0.49] 'Make New Adventure' doesn't work

Post by AnalogX »

In Version 0.48 when starting a new adventure using a full party of adventurers, the game behaves anomalously, the game refuses to let you interact with any of the character's menus or floor objects, and monsters completely ignore you. The game acts as if you did not have a party at all with one exception, using the number keys, you can cast spells as normal and kill monsters.

I just ran a test where I brought only one character on a new adventure to the original DM game, knowing that it would dump you where the mirrors were. On initial run, it functioned as if you had just started a normal game, without a party member, I couldn't even run into walls. The game did let me click on the mirrors and resurrect/reincarnate and functioned as normal afterward.

I've also tried this with a fresh copy of RTC v0.48 in a completely different folder with the exact same results.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

To be honest, I haven't tried v0.48 yet as I've been too busy, but this sounds like a major problem. I guess it plays fine if you start the game normally, through the Enter button?
AnalogX
Neophyte

Post by AnalogX »

Yes, when you use Enter, instead of make new adventure, the game functions as normal. Great for starting original DM and DMII games. As for CSB, I'll have to wait till the next update.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

As the upgrades were to the editing power fo the game, you can always play CSB using V0.46 by manually retyping the link
Toasty
Neophyte

Post by Toasty »

Same problem here.

In 0.48 when you make new adventure you also don't see the normal CSB 'intro' - it just starts immediately when you've added your chars and hit the 'enter dungeon' button.

Interestingly when it starts in this weird mode, not only can my char can walk through those sparkly blue barriers, but the worms can too!

I'm in a bit of a pickle because although 0.46 does work, by DM chars that I want to play CSB with are from 0.48 saves so I canny use them. :?
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

Fixed for V0.49

This bug is sufficiently bad (it effects all imported characters) that I'll release the next version very shortly. If anyone has spotted any other bugs, please say so now so I can fix them before the release!
Toasty wrote:Interestingly when it starts in this weird mode, not only can my char can walk through those sparkly blue barriers, but the worms can too!
The character walking through the blue hazes is a symptom of the bug (the game thinks there are no members in the party, so it doesn't stop you), but the monsters walking through the hazes is not a bug - they did that in the original game too...