The DM Crew comic begins...

Discuss your creative projects: game development, writing, film making or any thing else, fantasy related or otherwise! Talk about art you like, display your own artwork or stories, or offer help and insight.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Sera
*BLUE* not Purple

Post by Sera »

hehehe, theres hardly any humans around here, besides trantor and selie o.o, and a few others i cant remember, but im refraining myself from eating them, hooman meat is the other other other white meat ^.^... eek, did i really say that? o.o

and er... seems like im having trouble with ideas for strips already, maybe someone can message me an idea!
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

I think I suggested a couple at some point when we were chatting in Messenger, though I can't remember off the top of my head what exactly they were lol.

Post by Arren Jevleth »

1: The blond guy's name is Dave.
2: My author powers were none at the start; I had originally gone with being able to use magic. Eventually, though, I did get author powers, at the cost of magic. Oh well. :-P

And, for those who couldn't catch on from that, this is the creator of Strange Oddities. :-) *bows during his introduction*
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

*waves* welcome to the forum : )
I assume this thread will start getting some strange cross postings then!
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Ooh welcome to our totally bizarre world then, muahahahahaa :twisted:. I've read all the SO comics now...I liked the bit at the beginning where you were casting Fire and all that...was funny.
It was a very bizarre comic but I read all 250 strips so it can't have been that boring ;).
*BLUE* not Purple

Post by Sera »

heheh, hi there arren, glad you finally came out of the dark and showed yourself :P, arren is the cat in the comic, for those who didnt know
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Shorty or Adam? Adam's only been a cat a few times but he was the only one with author powers so I figured it was him...

Post by Arren Jevleth »

To specify, I'm the cat in the jacket. And the pants. And the shoes.

The bizarreness of the strip was fully intended, so it seems I've succeeded on that aspect. :-D

A faint bit more of history on SO in itself; I started it on September 1st, 2002, solely because a friend of mine (Sean) kept telling me to just try and make a comic myself, amidst my speaking of another web comic, Bob & George, which also has the Megaman-parody-ness. That comic, of course, is still going immensely-strong. <_< But, that was how SO started. Sean did the sprites, I did the lines. 'Twas truly the best of SO, I'd say.

And thank you for the welcomes. :-) I'll try not to kick the kitty litter around too much of the area. :-P
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

So where did the whole ice cream/pudding/pizza/cheese obsessions thing come from? Or was that just random weirdness at first that kind of took off into a general running joke...

Post by Guest »

The ice cream bit was taken from Bob & George, who had long ago set up Megaman's affectation for it. The pudding part was due to me trying to think of an idea for a second strip, and Sean randomly mentioning something about either liking or going to get pudding (which one specifically, I'm not sure). So, I just put that in the strip in the best way I could, and that became a running joke. The cheese part was just suggested (seemingly) randomly by Nick, who had sent me a misc strip he had made involving it (which I never put up onto the site). There's been no official pizza obsession yet. :-P

In short, yeah, it was mostly just randomness-into-running-jokes. :-P And, for the ones that you haven't mentioned;

Myself = Ketchup
Bass = Pickles (never got to make anything out of that)
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Oh yeah I forgot the ketchup...heh knew there was another one. And I thought it was Shorty the cat who was obsessed with pizza? It got mentioned a couple of times during or shortly after the bit where Adam is interviewing all the new people to be in the strip.

Post by Arren Jevleth »

Oh, right. Shorty = pizza. How the hell did I forget about that? *smacks himself*
Arren Jevleth
Neophyte

Post by Arren Jevleth »

Ok, enough Guest-postings; the cat is here! Woo! *gives his \A/ hand signal*
"This machine is to be operated by trained professionals only.....

They are all gone." - Quote from work
Sera
*BLUE* not Purple

Post by Sera »

hehe, sorry for the stalling of the comic, but heres the latest one, just dont forget to post your comment ^^

Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

Lol Sera. Great as usual, can't wait to see the next episode! I wonder what did happen to us... It certainly looks like a start to a consistent storyline that goes on for several strips, and I sure hope this will be the case. Good work, keep it up!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I wonder what happened, who lives on the Island, and lol where is gambit if the place is flooded!

Aww, I even smile when I'm yelling,I'm a happy person : )
Suule
On Master

Post by Suule »

I wonder what happened, who lives on the Island, and lol where is gambit if the place is flooded!
Hmmrr... if Gambit is flooded, then what will become of his torch? Will it burn underwater?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I'm sure we will find out... poor torch *sniff* he's such a character!
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

It was probably Zyx, notice that he's not present in the scene. I'm not either but maybe he let me off his evilness because of the hints I wrote for him for Conflux ;). Mind you, Sera isn't in there either and since she has the big uber author powers it was probably her :P.
*BLUE* not Purple

Post by Sera »

dont forget paul, he isnt there either ;)
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

yes, and she is blue.. maybe she's just blending in.. decided she wanted a little bath.. or a swim.. you know who preening dragons can be with their cleaning habits.. :P

moo ;)
Sera
*BLUE* not Purple

Post by Sera »

*blinks* nothing wrong with cleaning myself, whether it be bathing in water or using my tongue o.o
Sera
*BLUE* not Purple

Post by Sera »

ok, i know this had been dead for a while now, but im still trying to get a mood in, there is still one that will be made that a few prolly already know about, after all, tis only fair that paul gets payback for the salt incident :P, but then gambit will then become my little lair guardian, so you will get a pit opening under you or fireballs or even a giggler if you misbehave, you have been warned... *laughs ebilly*
Immortal Dungeoneer.
zoom
Grand Master

Post by zoom »

Sera- won´t you cheer up and leave the "voids of sorrow"? ;)
If you have good reasons however, for being blue, nevermind my post! :roll:
Sera
*BLUE* not Purple

Post by Sera »

ok, heres a new strip for you all

Immortal Dungeoneer.
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Omfg nooooooooo Mophus noooooooooooooo!!!
But the Lord Chaos is kinda cute ;). Okay can we have nice inventive ways to stop the git from smiling or something ;). Maybe Megaman can freak him out with some ice cream or something :D.
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Lmao, it's so true...and Chaos is so darned cute...how could people not be mroe scared of Mophus...and yet he takes it all with a grin

Maybe he's had botoxand he's really crying on the inside?
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

Very cute Lord Chaos, agreed. This cute-style Mophus is probably even scarier than the original... Anybody else thinks that his robes are reminiscent of the Swiss Guard? Maybe Mophus only smiles so much because he has a dark and sinister plan to blow up the Vatican or something... Or I might have read too much Dan Brown.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

I need a new avatar, one that moves about on two legs!
Sera
*BLUE* not Purple

Post by Sera »

lol, i hear you gambit, maybe itll help with your frequency of appearing in the comic, since you can move about
Immortal Dungeoneer.