new wall set

Discuss your creative projects: game development, writing, film making or any thing else, fantasy related or otherwise! Talk about art you like, display your own artwork or stories, or offer help and insight.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

Oh my... the fountains are... :shock: may I ? :wink:
ian_scho
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

Do you know how far advanced your friend is with completing his DMJava dungeon, Cows?
Give the guy/gal a chance to show off his work in all its glory, before you 'release' your new wall set to the public.
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

HE's done.. I'm not..
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

the wall set is now posted, however there are some things I did not fix yet and I know are wrong, however, I need some kind person to make screen caps of the errors for me please.

I know the side wall cracks probably have issues and the floor buttons as well as the big brown wall buttons are not correct. What I need is some images of them in the engine so I know where the align to so I can make them blend correctly.

so a forinstance would be a screen shot of a corridor with the side wall cracks at all 3 distances showing. an image covered in floor pads so I know where all those sit. etc regular screen caps will be fine.

it's a lot of work to do this wall set as it is and I didn't feel like installing the DMJava and Java plugin etc just to make this set. If you guys want it completed.. I need assistance. Otherwise it will die like my last set. :P

http://www.cowsmonaut.com/walls.zip
Kelly
Artisan

Post by Kelly »

Hey. I'm new here, so a quick "hi" to everyone.

I also wanted to say how excellent those graphics are. I'm into doing my own graphics as well (for numerous other games), and I know how hard it is to try and get every detail right, as far as DMJava is concerned.

I've been hoping that you would complete this wall set, since I last visited this site a few days ago, really nice work.

As far as the screen capture goes, I'm more than happy to help out. (I'll post some of these a little later this evening).

Again, excellent work, and I hope that more will follow.
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

with help, I'm more than willing to complete it.. I just don't want to guess about locations and I want to do my best to make things look like they fit
Kelly
Artisan

Post by Kelly »

I've just done a bunch of screen grabs for you to take a look at. If you want a specific "angle" on a certain thing or require more screen caps', just let me know.

Would you be willing to pm me your email address, so I can send you the files?
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

ahh, I looked over the screengrabs you sent. Thank you. Some of them are usefull. However, some of the images I've modified already. I'm sorry I wasn't clear. I wanted to see with my set, to see if they were fine as is.. or if there are graphical glitches. Not with the orriginal set. Especially with the wall cracks. The floor tiles you sent will help.. as will I guess the stone buttons. However, I'd like to see how the wall switch looks as it is.. and have confirmation that the rest of the stuff I have redrawn all lines up correctly. It's as simple as renaming a copy of the images folder and then in the otherone placing my graphics in so DMJava loads them instead. The naming is all the same. Just send the stuff that does not work.. and I'll fix those :)
Kelly
Artisan

Post by Kelly »

Sorry I misunderstood. I've been through the wallset, there is one glitch, which you will see in the screen grab, concerning the wall itself. I've checked the wall cracks, floor switch, pits and so on, they are all okay. I've sent you pics of everything I've looked at to judge for yourself, anyway, and I'll send you more piccies as I go through it.
ian_scho
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

Hi Mr Cows

Just downloaded your set, and have found a few things, plus got a few suggestions. I would like to email you directly with a RTF document (or similar) with snapshots embedded so you can see what I'm talking about. The email will be Monday, if I can remeber what your hotmail address is...

It all creates a great ambience, though!
Kelly
Artisan

Post by Kelly »

Hey Cows', while you're takin' a look - did you finish the side views on that alternate fountain?

Still waiting to create that special ability thingy we was going on about! :lol:

Or are you still waiting for the piccie I promised of the naked cows???

Moo...
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

oh, I had entirely forgotten about finishing that fountain.. I've been rather busy of late..

Was also working on something with Ameena.. I'm so scatterbrained it's not funny. :P I've also been neglecting the forums a bit.. I'm just kind of adjusting to some crud on this end. I'll be back up and running again soon though :)

Feel free to remind me again if I forget.. I do that and don't mind a friendly reminder once in a while :)
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

Hi Ian, got your email. Some comments about the issues. Most of the probelms are in things being named incorrectly or that I was never given the files to update. Ceiling pits I think I never had, any wall ornaments like hooks and such were not in the set to begin with and also the key holes were not present either. Nor was the wall text.

So I never touched any of it. simply because it was never sent to me when I was asked to make the wall set.

I don't know when I'll have time to fix it all.. but I had made an update to the walls so they weren't so straight.. yes it bugged me too. you can get them from kelly in the time being. :P

I'll update the set zip soon when I fix all the naming issues.

thanks for the comments though.. it's apreciated
ian_scho
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

No no no. Thank YOU.... It's up to the Dungeoneers to use your wallset now. (Just remember to include names or links to the original authors of any images used, people.)
ian_scho
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

Thanks for the updated pics, Cows (via Kelly).
The walls now look more 'natural', with regards to their non uniform edges.
ian_scho
High Lord

Cowsmanaut's white bits.

Post by ian_scho »

Ah, ha!

After a little while now, I've finally sat myself down to look at the bug in your wall set, Cows, where we can see your 'white bits' on one of the walls... I have pictures.

Please set the transparency on file writ31.gif as this one was the problem.

Thanks, Cheers, Lovely!