New Portraits, DM Style

Discuss your creative projects: game development, writing, film making or any thing else, fantasy related or otherwise! Talk about art you like, display your own artwork or stories, or offer help and insight.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Sir Shard
Neophyte

New Portraits, DM Style

Post by Sir Shard »

Hey people,
I quickly drew up a bunch of old school DM portraits using the Dungeon Hack/Eye of the Beholder portraits available from our own friendly Custom Dungeon Modding Department :D
I forgot to throw them onto my USB (I currently drain the local libraries internet for all of my internet needs) so won't be able to put one here yet, but its good that I forgot so I can get a sort of "interest check" from the people here.

With these portraits, I used good ol' Microsoft Paint, and quite a few of them are a mix and match of original DM and CSB portraits, with a few I created myself from scratch, or from a base. I had originally decided last year to draw video game characters and such, and only managed to save a "Simon Belmont" I made from the remains of my old laptop (it was on my phone at the time, and it was simple to plug in my data cord and put it on my desktop). The reason I'm putting these up here is because I'd like some feedback about the portraits from other people.
I only go to the library once a week - a Monday - so it will take about a week for me to be able to post a "Before/After" portrait on the Thread, and if I get some decent feedback I'll continue showing the forum my work.
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Re: New Portraits, DM Style

Post by Jan »

Do it! Do it! Do it! I can't wait for the next Monday! :)
Finally playing and immensely enjoying the awesome Thimbleweed Park-a-reno!
zoom
Grand Master

Re: New Portraits, DM Style

Post by zoom »

yeah, please show!
what kind of feedback do you need?- do you want to become a pixel artist?