Creative Projects for Pleasure & Profit

Discuss your creative projects: game development, writing, film making or any thing else, fantasy related or otherwise! Talk about art you like, display your own artwork or stories, or offer help and insight.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Re: Creative Projects for Pleasure & Profit

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

it could be just as simple as a smile :)
keep your gor coin handy
Seriously Unserious
Master Superior

Post by Seriously Unserious »

here's a smile for everyone :)

:D
Dewi
Neophyte

Post by Dewi »

There is always an alternative... why not colaborate and launch on Kickstarter something to revive the Dungeon Master years.

Spent most of my teenage years playing DM, and its still a great game now... if you have the skills to write, design and create, the profit is a case of coming up with a sellable idea/product.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

DM as an IP is unavailable in good conscience to ressurect. However, I think Legend of Grimrock has already gone ahead and made a spiritual successor to DM, with financial success to enable mods and a sequel. And lots of good feelings about DM too!

For those wanting something closer to the original, I think the fan made clones are the ones to support, and they tend to need time and creative support (ie make dungeons with them or create resources for others) rather than financial support.