Advice for artists

Discuss your creative projects: game development, writing, film making or any thing else, fantasy related or otherwise! Talk about art you like, display your own artwork or stories, or offer help and insight.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Advice for artists

Post by cowsmanaut »

I wrote a long post in my other forum. Some of what I've discovered to be true, with my own journey to grow as an artist. Maybe it will help some of you

http://cgchallengers.prophpbb.com/topic160.html
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Re: Advice for artists

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

"You were asked to draw a circle, not a wobbly mess, not an egg, not an oval, etc.. a circle. This is where the basics fails us,"

well done, except there is no real circle, it does not exist, we can try all we like but it'll never happen. we were told we could draw something that's called a circle but in reality it is a spiral. one of the first lies we're told as a child. a circle seems real enough to view but math proves it's not, it shows it as a spiral.

I like point number 4, it really says it all. you explain how we have filters which over time set who we are. why quite a few artists turn to drinking and other drugs to break what those filters do, restart the process from new and bypassing those filters.
keep your gor coin handy