Super Dungeon Master: Quest for the Firestaff

Discuss your creative projects: game development, writing, film making or any thing else, fantasy related or otherwise! Talk about art you like, display your own artwork or stories, or offer help and insight.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
boyflea
Expert

Re: Super Dungeon Master: Quest for the Firestaff

Post by boyflea »

Just a question for Sophia and Sera: did you receive any Steam Achievement notifications? Am seeing very few updates, worryingly.
The stonework walls? Pristine. The floor? Level. The waterworks? Flowing. Central heating? The Dragon in the basement was grumpily heating the pipes. Lord Chaos consulted the blueprints again, looking for the bathroom. #playmygame!
Sera
*BLUE* not Purple

Post by Sera »

i havent been on lately due to sorting out christmas things, but i shall give it a go at some point soon!
Immortal Dungeoneer.
boyflea
Expert

Post by boyflea »

Thanks Sera - hey, it's fine: it is a mad time of year, thank you! Hope your plans go well!
The stonework walls? Pristine. The floor? Level. The waterworks? Flowing. Central heating? The Dragon in the basement was grumpily heating the pipes. Lord Chaos consulted the blueprints again, looking for the bathroom. #playmygame!
boyflea
Expert

Post by boyflea »

Ok, posted a new version with 3 more achievements:
Spoiler
GOR coin: select 'DM links' option
Spoiler
Black Gate: just start a new game, and open the black gate
Spoiler
Veyla: go to Tavern and recruit Veyla as she wanders around serving
They are very easy to find, so this should tell me if its all ok, ;). thanks again all!
boyflea
Expert

Post by boyflea »

VERSION 2.0 launched.

I went back and played Dungeon Master again, and I realised my game had the combat all wrong... so have remade it as a turn-based crawler.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/7171 ... Firestaff/

Thanks again to everyone for your support in the past: your name is probably in the credits ;).
boyflea
Expert

Post by boyflea »

boyflea
Expert

Post by boyflea »

Dear lord... Chaos Strikes Back is finally up, though still tinkering. Have restructured this thing so you can play it all in 3 chapters and keep your players from DM into CSB. Am wrapping things up on this so I can go back to living my life :).
Glad to see DM Forums still flourishing.
JETENGINE
Journeyman

Post by JETENGINE »

I have had fun playing Super Dungeon Master Ace! PLEASE follow up with CSB and The legend of Skullkeep soon!
Hanging by a thread.
boyflea
Expert

Post by boyflea »

thankyou! Chaos Strikes Back is there now, along with 25 achievements... it's a big BETA in places.. but fairly faithful :)
boyflea
Expert

Post by boyflea »

Ah finally, while isolated, I can scratch that itch: having the classic artwork dragged into my creation:

https://www.moddb.com/mods/1987-dungeon-master-re-skin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qw4skOcKeHA&t=13s

I may finally stop development on this now ;)

thanks all.