RTC working on Android

General messages about RTC and it's development.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Cytryn
Novice

RTC working on Android

Post by Cytryn »

Hello
Im new in this forum but im watching it for a while (few years occasionally), just didnt register so far.
Now i wanted to share possibility to play RTC under android using ExaGear RPG App.
More explantation and usefull info from XDA [Guide+Video]How to Play Classic PC Games on Android with Exagear RPG/Strategies
RTC is working with some small lag (movement) but it is playable.
I tested few custom dungeons.
Here is some pics from my smartphone LG G4.

screen1
screen2
screen3
screen4 you can zoomout screen for example to get rid no needed black bars up and down
screen5
screen6
screen7
screen8
screen9
screen10
screen11
screen12
screen13
Im running also other games similar to DM like The Quest (1st version for PC, not last imrpoved one) and Legacy
Legacy sc1
Legacy scr2
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Re: RTC working on Android

Post by Gambit37 »

Welcome! And wow, I didn't know this was possible! Nice work :-)
Paul Stevens
CSBwin Guru

Post by Paul Stevens »

RTC is working with some small lag
It would be interesting to see if CSBwin can work using
this app. I have always thought that CSBwin was very
CPU efficient. (At least I worried about it as I wrote the code.)
It might be more responsive than RTC.
Cytryn
Novice

Post by Cytryn »

I tried CSBwin and its working. Still some delay probably same like in RTS at least like in basic dungeons. In custom dungeons like Underworld Dreams lag is more noticable.
I tried Dungeon Master for Windows x86-32 2015-12-13, Chaos Strikes Back for Windows x86-32 2015-12-13 and
Conflux for Windows x86-32 2015-12-14.
Paul Stevens
CSBwin Guru

Post by Paul Stevens »

I tried CSBwin and its working.
Thanks so much for trying it. Quite amazing that it works.

I can think of some tests that we might do to determine
where the lag lies. (.."Lag lies"......I like that!).
But it would not help us fix it, I fear.
Cytryn
Novice

Post by Cytryn »

Dungeon Master Java is working, But needs some preparation to make it work. I copied DMJ-solito-v2.12 and Java-jre7 to ExaGear folder and also Total Comander (used 8.01 ver) folder. I also changed line in dmnew.bat to:

Code: Select all

"D:\Java-jre7\jre7\bin\javaw.exe" -Xmx1100m -Xms1000m -cp ".;*" dmnew
I did open total commander in exagear app and started dmnew.bat.
If somone wants more detailed info, let me know.
Best controll type in Exagear is ferrum, it has zoom option and more.
Zoom is tak 3 fingers and use 2 of them to resize screen, when screen is resized u can swipe/move it.
Right click is tap with 2 fingers.
Lag is same like in csbwin, for me is is playable not big deal.
Loading resources when staring dungeons can tak a while (probably depends how fast is nand memory of android device), took me over 2 min to load starting dungeon in solito version.
I think recommended screen is like 5.2 +inches.
Im curious if UI can be resized especially size of runes - casting spell pannel, abilitys/attack pannel and movement pannel.

Some screens:
DMJ1
DMJ2
DMJ3
DMJ4
DMJ5
DMJ6
DMJ7
DMJ8
Cytryn
Novice

Post by Cytryn »

My previous post didnt show, not sure about this one now. Can moderator approve my previous post or it is missing?
I want to add that Dungeon Master Java is working well using EXaGear on android. I posted in missing post more info about it and pics.
boyflea
Expert

Post by boyflea »

Very interesting stuff! Anyone know whether this experiment went any further?
The stonework walls? Pristine. The floor? Level. The waterworks? Flowing. Central heating? The Dragon in the basement was grumpily heating the pipes. Lord Chaos consulted the blueprints again, looking for the bathroom. #playmygame!
oh_brother
Son of Heaven

Post by oh_brother »

I would also be very interested in seeing where this goes. Like most people on here I don't get so much time to play games anymore, but I do travel quite a bit. Having DM on Android would be fantastic.
boyflea
Expert

Post by boyflea »

So, finally tried this for myself - downloading the ExaGear RPG - it's really good, though it does cost to play (I did see if changing the physical time and date on the phone would work to cheat the trial period btw... but anyway, that;s just impolite.)

it does emulate the app, ran it in a 'ferric' control mode: you can purchase these control systems (well, hire on a monthly basis) so the cost may be off-putting.

it is something that will run any .exe file on an Android device, providing it is not too greedy and would recommend anyone with an Android to at least try it: copy your DM folder to an 'ExeGear' folder on the root of your SD card and that really is all, :)

So yes, should run RTC / DSB, CSBWin fine: interested to see if DSB will run faster than RTC, :)
Definitely a go-to option rather than 'Dungeon Masters' of course :) Thanks for rasign this here... sorry it took me ages to get round to tryin git for myself!
The stonework walls? Pristine. The floor? Level. The waterworks? Flowing. Central heating? The Dragon in the basement was grumpily heating the pipes. Lord Chaos consulted the blueprints again, looking for the bathroom. #playmygame!
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

So it would run the RTC editor exe as well, cool.
keep your gor coin handy
b1llygo4t
Apprentice

Post by b1llygo4t »

Im almost done with a playthrough of CSB for RTC using ExagearRPG. I didn't notice any lag, RTC translates to touch screens very well, almost made for it, though without physical arrow keys some of the puzzles like "items for the quick" and snagging the corbums is a little difficult. My only issue is with items drawn at a distance having a blue tint (makes spotting grey keys and small buttons really easy) but it doesn't really bother me. DM2 on the other hand looks horrible. I wouldn't bother with the editor, for some reason I can't press okay and cancel buttons.

I tried DSB, but couldn't get it to load but I've never used it anyway so I gave up right away.

Using the editor is a major pain in the butt, I wouldn't recomend it
potion? what potion?
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

It won't be long before someone who likes to goof around with it will find a way to make it work. It's inevitable that there is a tinkerer out there.
keep your gor coin handy
amdp
Neophyte

Post by amdp »

Hi, the link is not active anymore
is there any other way to play DM games on android?
Cytryn
Novice

Post by Cytryn »

Exagear is not continued. You can try find apks (exagear rpg r exagear strategis works too) in 4pda forum.
To play PC dos version DM, DM2 and other dos dungeon crawlers i recommend Magic Dosbox (in play store). It has lots ui customization for android etc. Here http://magicbox.imejl.sk/forums/topic/dungeon-master-2/ is example how you can customize play DM2 in portrait mode.