Possible to lauch RTC without Splash animations?

General messages about RTC and it's development.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Crash.
Adept

Possible to lauch RTC without Splash animations?

Post by Crash. »

Greetings,

I'm testing some things, and wonder if there is any way to lauch RTC without the opening splash screens / animation. This is getting in the way of productivity.

Thanks!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I seemed to recall A conversation stating the splash screen was not additional time used, that the dungeon and engine is being loaded in the background of the start

Anyone else remember this being stated?
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Nope, they can't be removed. It is a indeed a huge pain in the ass, but George Gilbert (RTC programmer) said it wouldn't decrease loading time if they weren't there due to things being loaded while the animation is happening.
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

Gambit37 wrote:Nope, they can't be removed. It is a indeed a huge pain in the ass, but George Gilbert (RTC programmer) said it wouldn't decrease loading time if they weren't there due to things being loaded while the animation is happening.
Exactly.

If I removed the animations, then it would still take about the same amount of time to load RTC, so there seems little point...
Crash.
Adept

Post by Crash. »

Obviously I have no idea what is going on behind the scenes when RTC is loading, but on my laptop, during the opening animations there is little if any hard disk access.

I just wanted to make sure there was no way to remove any delays in the process, since I'm sure I will have to launch RTC about 800 times in the near future.

Thanks!
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

800!?:shock: I must have run RTC around 5-10,000 times in the last couple of years... I've gone grey! And that's only with experimenting, I've still yet to make any real headway on proper dungeon building!

Unfortunately, you'll just have to live with it. If it's any consolation, I feel your pain. :-(