Stamina

General messages about RTC and it's development.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Saumun
High Lord

Stamina

Post by Saumun »

I've created my first user dungeon. I've tested it bit by bit with the Zed test character (this is in RTC by the way). I've just started to test it with the characters i've created (pretty much like DM_Original characters). They seem to run out of stamina very quickly. They ran down around a quarter of their stamina by just running down the first few corridors. Is there any way to adjust the stamina settings?
“Grynix Ernum Quey Ki Skebow Rednim U Os Dey Wefna Enocarn Aquantana” - Anon
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Re: Stamina

Post by beowuuf »

That sounds a little bit severe, then again the stating characters are a bit wimpy.

You can adjust the stamina requirement of weapons and actions by cloning them, but basic functions like moving aren't adjustable - I believe it's a one to one, similar to DM.

If it's not like DM, the it's a bug.

Once you've read this, I'll move this thread to the RTC sub-forums. We try to keep the custom dungeon forum for current dungeons, demos and questions by players on them. It might catch more people's attention in RTC who can help you too!

Hope someone else can shed some insight, I'm stumped!
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

I've always noticed that stamina seems to run out rather quickly in RTC (as opposed to way back when I played it on the Atari), but I don't know whether that's because of something in RTC itself, or just because I now play the dungeon by tearing around as fast as possible using the keyboard when I used to spend about six months over the whole thing and used the mouse for all of it.
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Cheers...

I think it's a case of me forgetting how quickly it happens with basic characters. I just went on DM_Original and they lose it at about the same rate (should have checked that before i posted).

Since it's my own dungeon and i know where everything is, i've been running around it very quickly. So it's probably as Ameena says.
“Grynix Ernum Quey Ki Skebow Rednim U Os Dey Wefna Enocarn Aquantana” - Anon
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

On another thread someone reminded me that the secondary stats do influence the main. I cannot remember if vitality has a direct effect on stamina recovery, but you can play around with that and see if it makes a difference