choping wooden doors

Messages are moved here (should anyone ever want to see them again) once they are no longer applicable to the current version (e.g. suggestions that have been implemented or bugs that have been fixed).

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
really young user
Neophyte

choping wooden doors

Post by really young user »

Hi, while playing Sophia's new version of Reactor for version 0.23, I noticed I was unable to chop down any plain wooden doors, unlike before in the version she put out for version 0.23. Perhaps this change was on purpose however. Maybe someone could check this feature in the original DM version; I remeber a door that could be choped early in the game, "None shall pass" was written on the door.
really young user
Neophyte

Post by really young user »

sorry, that previous text should read, "unlike before in the version she put out for version 0.23."

sorry again; so silly:
"unlike before in the version she put out for version 0.21."
PicturesInTheDark
Arch Master

Reactor

Post by PicturesInTheDark »

I recommend asking her directly - her Email can be found in the DMweb-Forum. She responded to my Reactor-Questions within half a day and in a very friendly manner.

Cheers

PitD
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Check that your champions strength is higher than 39(or possibly 40)--they can't chop a door if it's not. This is true in the original FTL DM and RTC.
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

From V0.22 onwards the chopability (good word!) of doors has to be explicitly specified in the RTC text file for the dungeon. Before this, it was implicitly set for all wooden doors.

I've updated the DM and CSB dungeons but I would hazzard a guess that it still needs doing for Reactor and that this is the root cause of the problem...
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

This post lost its position during forum maintenance. Posting a reply to bring it back to the top of the list. Note to admins: Do not delete this message until it receives another reply.