RTC monster AI and NPC

General messages about RTC and it's development.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Re: RTC monster AI and NPC

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

well, since Halk is a tester, there are a few ways we can go about the story. the obvious first one is to rescue his son, but another could be that the party finds Halks son, alone, beaten and barely alive, he could spur the party in the search for his father. his son can join the party in order to lead to where he has been taken and captive. Halk obviously would be an asset for any party and worth the risk of saving him. another way would be Halk was killed, his son remains alive, and with the correct party member the Halkster can be resurrected from the grave. hey, it's your story, so any way you want to do it.
I like the methodic way you write stories. makes perfect sense.

I didn't see the story, I must have missed it Clodius. maybe I can get some help from my spouse\daughter, they read books all the time and know story construction, at least I would assume they do.
we're headed up Mt Anaias, we'll need some long tough rope, mountain gear, and the protection of the Mt spirits to find the cave entrance.
keep your gor coin handy
Clodius_one
Adept

Post by Clodius_one »

Wonderful ideas. You open doors for me. You give me exactly what I need.
I like the Halk's rescue better because there is already a link in my novel that can be use. (I resent it to your e-mail) I mentioned that Halk' son wish in secret to go hunting with his father. What we can do is one day when Halk leave the camp, His son ( I don't have a name yet, I need to find one) tried to follow him and lost himself. Now, I don't know who can we involve because Halk's tribe is located on the far west side, near the mountain barrier. Maybe Leyla can be part of the rescue. That will give me an opportunity to include her in Halk's journey to mount Ananais. Halk' son could be in danger with something. I was thinking maybe a pack of wolves.
A resurrection situation, I prefer to keep it on Halk's journey. I though about a kind of stone hedge on his path in alien site that he will find while he's traveling with Leyla. That can rely on her to bring him alive at that location.
Mountain gear is very basic because Halk is a cave man: rope, water sac, fur clothing
Even if I had given you the smallest bite, my poison will overcome you
Spoiler
Try me!
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

beautiful. as you already know, the story is limitless. but you'll need to get the story done as well as the characters, that's a lot to do man. once we have most of the story then we can work on implementing it. about Halks son, my spouse and i think that he is too small for 13 years of age. when i was 13 i was nearly full grown, as big as my father. keep working on the characters and story, it's sounding like a whole lot of fun.

the mountain gear is for us to build the dungeon :lol: it's been a little story i have been writing about the challenges to create a dungeon, oh, I'd say about 5 years so far.
keep your gor coin handy
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

wow, I dloaded the file, translated it to English, um, it's quite a piece of work, the translation wasn't great. I showed my spouse who is an avid reader, and it looks like we have someone to help out, wants to try and fix it up if you don't mind. seems to have sparked an interest, so give a little time, we'll figure it out. I have to admit that reading a part of your story really brought out the urge to complete it and transfer it into a dungeon. interest is coming along now. I have been searching around for others to help, spent some time doing research on the forum and those before us. learning a great deal about everything, checking stories, all kinds of stuff. now that we have a story to work on, we can get to building the dungeon layout. it may take a while to finish translating it, no worries, it'll get done, having my spouse jump aboard has made it all that much more exciting for me. help is on its way.
keep your gor coin handy
Clodius_one
Adept

Post by Clodius_one »

A child that grown up so fast, we called him a shallot :) . I’m working to make him older anyway. After I’m done with Halk, I will go back writing.

Thanks you to solve the translation issue. I have a few persons who are helping me for French grammar only but unfortunately they are not bilingual. Good to ear we have woman point of view on what we do. I’m expecting A cutting criticism :)
Spoiler
Try me!
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

getting back to the writing is a good idea.

yes, we'll have a boss now :lol: runs a tight ship. it may take some time though.

finish halk and son. I think I am missing a few views still of the others, so we'll have to go over that again, then I can load them all in. have you finished the maps? we'll need that too, keep plugging at it. I think i'll make a couple wallsets to match the story and get back to hacking around with gimp.

I'd like to have a raven or a crow done Claude, as in the story. they're cool birds.
keep your gor coin handy
Clodius_one
Adept

Post by Clodius_one »

She should create an account. I hope she will get the whip and make your work as a slave :)

I did not like the way I drew Halk walk's poses. I am drawing a better new set of steps movements. I want him making more heavier foot step.

Yes, You read my mind. I am planning to add the crow and a female dear with her offspring to the collection too. Your forest wall set will be amazing with all these creatures around. This is what I call wild life in a game.
Spoiler
Try me!
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

She should create an account. I hope she will get the whip and make your work as a slave
ahh, depends what kind of slave :lol:

ok, fix Halk up.

I am enjoying reading the story, printed it off and have been reading it here and there. I don't think it should take too long to redo.

I have murder of crows as friends, they are extremely family\social birds. I think they have accepted me in their family. their language is very impressive and they protect each other and other birds from animals, especially the hawks. a crow or raven would be a great addition, please do have a go at it when you have time. now the deer, is that what the party will be hunting for food? or is the deer an npc that can talk? or are all the animals known by a medicine or nature man that can communicate with them. there are a lot of options here.
keep your gor coin handy
Clodius_one
Adept

Post by Clodius_one »

I wish to have lots of animals in the game. At the beginning when Halk leaves home, on his long voyage, he met a female deer and her kid. To survive, he catch little one for food. The mother walked away. About communicating with animals, I reserve that part for Syra. She's the one with the power to talks with them. Some kind of snow white story. Concerning medecine with animals, I have no knowledge. What we can do, I am leaving that part to you :wink:.
Spoiler
Try me!
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

great, an anima and animus connection. so you'll want at least 4 animal positions setup under her domain of control, deer, fox, rabbit, horse, ? wolf, crow, bear. whatever you wish. what about insects? praying mantis, cockroach, mosquito, dragonfly, dung beetle?

snow white story :lol:
keep your gor coin handy
Clodius_one
Adept

Post by Clodius_one »

Having all these animals and insects in the game, would be inestimable but not urgent at the moment. They make party of the second act with Syra who it's not completed. For Halk I need only the bear, the horse, the deer and of course the wolf. We can certainly include insects like spiders and beetles everywhere. Do you already have other insects done or we need to create them as well?

Snow white story, yeah why not! and I was thinking Syra could have a champion as a pet too... Daroou for exemple :lol:
Spoiler
Try me!
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

ok, we'll stick to the bear for now. I don't have the insects yet, but some have already been made like in stewy's dungeon, if you can get a hold of him.

are you trying to hook up Daroou with Syra, is that because she has a beard? :lol:

I like your new version of her, she at least looks like a female and not some horrifying hairy thing. maybe she has recessive genes from interbreeding and that is why she has hair all over her body, true anima\animus from breeding with the animals like greek mythology. how does snow white fit into this, I am curious to how you'll do it. it is possible that if both Syra and Daroou are in the party, that we could have a special event of some sort, so better get writing :)
keep your gor coin handy
Clodius_one
Adept

Post by Clodius_one »

Involving Daroou as a pet was only a joke. It was very funny to read your comment about it. NO way! There is no chance Syra could fall in love with a (false ball) :lol: expression from Han Solo on planet Hoth in The Empire Strike Back. For the affairs with Syra, I am going to stick with Beowuuf's canon script. I just wanted to explain that Syra could talks to animals like Snow White was bound with them in the dwarf's forest. Don't worry; there is either no Snow White in the story. I am not so twisted. In the first part of the game, the characters involved are the ones mainly already mentioned. It do not exclude that some others can make surprised appearance. It’s just depending how far we want to go and what time it will take to do it.
Spoiler
Try me!
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

are you sure Daroou isn't interested in Syra :lol: Daroou also talks to animals

I'm watching a TV series , Once Upon A time, and of course there is a Snow White and Dwarves, all the old fairy tails are involved. pure fantasy. I didn't know you were into that kind of thing. Star Wars, heh, now I'm really surprised. I like your analogy, it helps to understand what you're intending to do. wandering elaborate explanations is key to good story telling. it is healthy, allows for expanded thinking with no borders.

so, if they are the 4 main characters, are you going to split the dungeon up, first one getting to the mountain, part 2 in the mountain, part 3 getting back home? that sounds good to me.

time is of the essence. the wallsets for the forest are pretty much done already, i'll need to apply a background with a mountain, I have a map of the land somewhere, if you 've made any changes please send it to me and show where the party starts and the direction they will move in. the boss is going to start correcting the story, so things are moving albeit slowly. I can start working on stuff again, had defective memory for the past 2 weeks and just had it replaced. this fall and winter I should be able to spend a lot of time on it, I've done the learning on gimp, I've poked at the editor enough to get it to work the way we want, now we can start building. with the adjustments to the info screens, it is limitless in story telling\npc\monster\pc interaction. I am going to assume that the info screens are good enough. the graphics is what has to be adjusted. just keep plugging at it, gotta go, crows are talking to me.
keep your gor coin handy
Clodius_one
Adept

Post by Clodius_one »

You understood the guidelines of the story that I had imagined at the beginning:
1-the journey of the warriors to the mount Ananais,
2-The descent in the dungeon,
3-The return of the champions at their homeland.
But with brilliant ideas on parallel stories which you add, the possibilities are numerous.
It's a thing to draw the characters for somebody else, the pressure was at minimum because I did not have something else to think about. But when we are under the spots, the stress goes up.

Each time that I complete a drawing of a character, I can hardly wait to integrate him in my novel. Tell their trip towards to the mount Ananais. But it would be logical that I write all of them because it would create a natural link with the Hall of champions. I resist to the temptation to do that, for I I would never have time to finish the game.

The stress is has its height when I think on all what it has to be made. Today I worked on the map I refresh the picture with this link.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/100604938 ... 088990765/

I may integrate elements, I do not really know if the map has to look like has it. If you have any comments, please, let me know.
Last edited by Clodius_one on Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler
Try me!
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

I'm half way reading the story, and it's been fun to read. my mind is foggy this morning but I remember there were a few new characters, John is one. I checked the map, could not dload the original sized map, get error 500. so I think part one, heading to Mt Anaias should have plenty enough involved. we're not making a hack and slash game with puzzles, we're making a story dungeon, and there is enough in your story to do it.
i'll comment on the map when I am able to dload it or you could send it to me.
keep your gor coin handy
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

read the story, GREAT!!!!! I understood the general idea, where, who, and the path taken. the last couple of pages left a lot to be thought about, but if I read it right, all 4 of the characters will meet up before entering the hidden entrance. I loved it Clodius 1, great job, same to beowuuf for what part he had taken in writing it. there is a lot to think about. when the boss is done redoing it, we'll start detailing where, who, how, what and why.
keep your gor coin handy
Clodius_one
Adept

Post by Clodius_one »

I am glad you like it. It's my first attempt writing a book. I have everything to learn, so any comment or suggestion will be welcome. Syra will be the first to get inside Mt Anaais followed by Alex, then Halk and Nabi will be next.
Spoiler
Try me!
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

oh, it's feeling like a story now. I have to ask,
Spoiler
how does Syra get inside the mountain, is it brute force, thief skills, her charm, problem solving, or does she have an insider like her long lost relative, Daroou?
it is this kind of story telling that makes it interesting. writing a story seems complex to me, I do not read stories, just fact books but this is certainly opening a door for my crazy imagination :lol:
keep your gor coin handy
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

https://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/jyisnj

this is the AI work done last year, the stepping stone i am using in the upcoming dungeons. a lot of work went into doing this, so i hope that it helps others see what can be done.

NPCs are controllable, NPCs can walk past each other in hallways, still needs work, so here it is as is.

suggestions, ideas are welcome.
keep your gor coin handy
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

there will be an update to the ai test dungeon above soon, fix some things, it's been a long time since I played with it. it'll be playable and will have an ending, i'll ask for it to be moved to the completed custom dungeon section, so to those who have looked at it, there will be a better version soon. if you are going to make it through, just don't kill the wizard eye, you need his ashes to open doors or else you'll have to open the pit where the guard stands and go down it and kill them and go that way. also do not sacrifice a character, that part is not finished and was experimental.

please let me know what you think about it, questions, ideas, all welcome.
keep your gor coin handy
THEO
Craftsman

Post by THEO »

Chaos-Shaman could you please provide the download on some secure page, my OS has issues with that URL. Google drive always worked for me and it is free and easy to maintain. Thank you
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Send Space is a secure site, pro account, https. i'll have it posted through the admins to the custom dungeons section with the update.
keep your gor coin handy
THEO
Craftsman

Post by THEO »

Thanks.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

There is an update for it Theo, if you'd like to check it out, just give a shout. Its had quite a face lift since.
keep your gor coin handy
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

There is an update to the AI dungeon, it is so different from the last one. If anyone is interested in seeing the changes after adding pathfinding just give me a shout. Improved controls, added scary sounds and some decor. It would be wonderful to have more input so to improve what others think necessary. If anyone has tried the last one posted and are curious at the development then you might want to have a look at the latest update. Feedback is critical to development.
keep your gor coin handy
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Thanks to some testers, WizzardZed, Clodius one, sambini, bugs are being hammered out. NPC's can now do trade with any amount involved. Developed a banking system for buying and selling hands free. Money is banked. The party can check how much gold, silver, whatever they banked. No more swapping gold in hands for services, saves on objects. A break through in dungeon mechanics, it is necessary to keep object count low from programming the trades with npcs using coin and gems, the bank eliminates almost all of it and gives a quick check on assets. I hope Dungeon Masters will approve. Thanks guys for your interest and helping me out, it has given wind to the sails. Keep coming with the ideas.
keep your gor coin handy
Wizard Zedd
Expert

Post by Wizard Zedd »

Banking system? I obviously do not have the latest version...please get it to me so that I can check it out.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Sure will. I hope you find it easier. What I'd really like but I doubt it is possible is to have a text screen, similar to the older games where a question can be asked by typing it. RTC has its limits I guess. I'll send you the new one this weekend. Thanks again, by helping you're keeping DM alive ;)
keep your gor coin handy
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

I have completed some work on the AI NPC's, trading and interaction with the party and other NPC's using a credit system. Just need a way to upload the file, not using a file transfer site anymore. What is the best way to do it?
keep your gor coin handy