DMute v1.4!

Use this forum to discuss dungeon editors and other tools, like DMute (by George Gilbert, also working for RTC dungeons), DM Builder (by Sphenx), and ADGE by `rain. Includes DM editing tips and tricks.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

DMute v1.4!

Post by George Gilbert »

Well, it took me nearly 4 years to get around to it, but I'm pleased to say that DMute v1.4 is now available. Please feel free to download it from:

<a href="http://www.ragingmole.com/DMute">www.ra ... m/DMute</a>

I've made minor updates to pretty much everything including pads, wallitems, generators, teleporters, doors, texts and mirror characters. However the major change (and the main reason why I dug the source code out in the first place!) is that you can now use DMute to export DM /. CSB dungeons into the <a href="http://www.ragingmole.com/RTC">Return To Chaos</a> (RTC) format.

One small caveat. The implementation of various items (especially mirror characters and triggers) is very different between DM / CSB and RTC (for example, DM / CSB targets every item on a given tile co-ordinate, where as RTC allows you to select individually which items to target, possibly on multiple different tiles) and so the conversion process isn't perfect. I've tried to get DMute to handle most of the frequent differences but it still requires a manual step to go through and make sure everything works as expected. Having said that, it gets over 99% of the original DM and CSB dungeons right first time, so it's not too bad ;-)

If you have any comments, spot a bug (surely not!) or have some suggestions for further improvements, please let me know. In the mean time, have fun!

George
Lunever
Grand Druid

Re: DMute v1.4!

Post by Lunever »

I just had a closer look upon the mini.dat from CSBWin with DMute 1.4.
Of course DMute 1.4 is great, but there is still some room improvement:

1) It would be great to see some things still hidden in the hex more plainly: Objects should not only show graphically what they will trigger, but also by what they are triggered (preferably in a different color to not get confused), i.e. when moving the mouse pointer upon a floorpad tile it's nice to see that this floorpad will trigger a monster generator, but it would be even more nice to see by what floorpad the generator is triggered when moving the pointer upon the generator tile.

2) When pointed at, it would be also very nice, to have level crossing teleporters not only displaying "x Levels up/down), but displaying the actual destination coordinates too.
(I think that wouldn't be too difficult to include. More difficult but even more nice would be to have a second map pop up with the teleporter destination marked).

3) Speaking of coordinates there should be a coordinate grid on the outer borders of the dungeon maps.

4) Any object operated by certain other objects conditions like a floorpad operated by a certain item should display by what item/condition it is triggered.

All of this would greatly help to improve DMute for the purpose of analyzing games.

<p>Komm zur bunten Seite der Macht! </p>
Parting is all we know from Heaven, and all we need of hell.
Rico Len
Novice

Post by Rico Len »

Is it possible to get an older version than this? The character editor (more importantly to me the portrait editing part of the character editor) has ceased to load portraits correctly. It just shows the first two columns of the picture and repeats them across the rest of the portrait. I wanted to go back and re-make a few of the original character portraits I had made a few years back, but without being able to load portraits this is kinda painful, er even compared to having to re-draw the portraits I lost. :p
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I can look for my old v1.3 if no one else (or Gerge) doesn't offer
Edit: I have the old folder, so no problems

http://www.dmjump.net/DMute13.zip

I really need to not be on here as much
Rico Len
Novice

Post by Rico Len »

beowuuf wrote:I can look for my old v1.3 if no one else (or Gerge) doesn't offer
Edit: I have the old folder, so no problems

http://www.dmjump.net/DMute13.zip

I really need to not be on here as much
heheh, thanks... I already got one pic done... don't suppose there's a place I could upload the pics? I think good ol' Jumal Helmsley would be a good addition to the original style portraits DM supplied. [/img]
Who is John Galt?

Return to “Editors and Tools (DMute, DM Builder, ADGE, etc.)”