wchich editor do you prefere? let`s vote!

Use this forum to discuss dungeon editors and other tools, like DMute (by George Gilbert, also working for RTC dungeons), DM Builder (by Sphenx), and ADGE by `rain. Includes DM editing tips and tricks.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Adamo
Italodance spammer

wchich editor do you prefere? let`s vote!

Post by Adamo »

I wonder, wchich editor do you prefere from all of (including DMjava, DMbuilder etc etc etc.)
Spoiler
(\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/)
Spoiler
(@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@)
Spoiler
(>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<)
Lee
Artisan

Post by Lee »

RTC for sure, to me CSBuild is just a little more complicated although I'm positive it has a lot of advantages too!

I prefer to play on RTC too rather than CSBwin because sound to me is an integral part of gameplay, and since I have no footstep sounds in CSBwin then it takes away part of the feel for me.
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

I appreciate the effort in RTC and really like the sound effects. However, CSBWin plays smoother for me. Also, the slow sleeping in RTC is a huge obstacle for me. This is why I prefer playing CSBWin, and so my first attempt at dungeon building is currently done in CSBuild. I haven't really tried anything else, though.
Toni Y
Adept

Post by Toni Y »

DMute as far it's possible to be used. ;)
Toni Ylisirniö
Author of Grave of King Millias, Return of Chaos, and DM2 dungeons.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

I think they all have strengths and weaknesses and can't easily be compared.
Paul Stevens
CSBwin Guru

Post by Paul Stevens »

DMute as far it's possible to be used
Now there's a man more conservative than I.
Adamo
Italodance spammer

Post by Adamo »

I know, that they couldn`t be compared... but I have to choose one. I guess most of players prefere to playing in CSB, right?
Spoiler
(\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/)
Spoiler
(@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@)
Spoiler
(>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<)
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

yes but most of designers prefer RTCeditor...
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

Judging from the list, it's evenly balanced.
There's been a recent wave of RTC releases, which corresponds to the apparition of the RTC editor months ago.
I wonder, however, if the next dungeons will not be for CSBwin.
Toni Y
Adept

Post by Toni Y »

Gambit37 wrote:I think they all have strengths and weaknesses and can't easily be compared.
I'm not conservative! I'm just, um, deeply rooted in my ways. :P

Seriously though, I've found DMute to be the most clear editor for me. Maybe it's just because I'm used to it. Maybe I should try making a DMute graphics set for CSBuild and see if that would help me get used to it instead... ;)
Toni Ylisirniö
Author of Grave of King Millias, Return of Chaos, and DM2 dungeons.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

All this talk of DMbuild recently (well, one person talking about it) reminded me how much I got into it when doing the start of a temple dungeon. I still love DMute though - first I used, one I understood best, one I oculd do eveil thigns too.
Getting the hang of CSBuild though, so have occasionally started doing the beginning of dungeons with it then going 'wait, you dn't have the focus to mess aroudn with this!' Might convert the temple dungeon to it...

Toni, have you tried gambit's alternative tile set to CSBuild. No offense to Pual, but I hate his tile set with a fiery passion and admit it put me off the editor when it first came out in the dim mists of the past! With Gambit's tile set though, it just feels really nice! I admit it, I am shallow...
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

I use Gambit's set too.
However with the last CSBuild versions there are some new kinds of tiles. Paul's tileset have them. Gambit's set don't.
Compare both tilesets to add them to Gambit's. Its a simple operation that will take 30s.
Rico Len
Novice

Post by Rico Len »

I like the RTC editor but the CSBwin player... I liked DMute a lot and still use it for a few things... too bad everytime I make progress I lose everything. :p I swear I've made some cool dungeons... just never finished them nor been able to post them. lol
Who is John Galt?

Return to “Editors and Tools (DMute, DM Builder, ADGE, etc.)”