DMute not loading dungeons

Use this forum to discuss dungeon editors and other tools, like DMute (by George Gilbert, also working for RTC dungeons), DM Builder (by Sphenx), and ADGE by `rain. Includes DM editing tips and tricks.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
ADDF_Toxic
On Master

Post by ADDF_Toxic »

I have a little problem with DMute. Sorry if this was repeated earlier and I am not interpreting it properly... Well first, DMute doesn't load any dungeons unless it's similar to the original DMute Dungeon or something to that effect...I would like to convert my dungeon to RTC later, but I made it with DMbuild. Now, it won't load anything for some odd strange and peculiar reason. Just says "Illegal operation" Okay that's not the exact words. I was wondering where I can find the latest version of DMute. Thanks,
ADDF_Toxic
This is not me, just to let you know!
I'm a boy, unlike my avatar.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

DMute can only open some formats: Original PC, Amiga and ST uncompressed dungeons.

I haven't used DMBuilt dungeons with DMute, so don't know about that, but it definitely will NOT open dungeons built by CSBuild as those dungeons have tons of new data in them needed by the newer version of CSBWin.
ADDF_Toxic
On Master

Post by ADDF_Toxic »

Yeah. and now just wondering about latest version.
seeyeah guys
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

DMute 1.4 is the latest and probably final version.
ADDF_Toxic
On Master

Post by ADDF_Toxic »

er, ok. Don't know why it isn't working for me.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

DMBuilt dungeons will NOT work with DMute - I believe it instantly changes the numbers and stuff as you add things.

Basically, DMute works on knowledge of the static dungeons that were originally available - that's why you need to convert thigns from one thing to the other.
DMBuild and CSBuild know how to create readable dungeons from scratch, but since Dmute wasn't build to read them, then it can't read them even though the game can use them fine. If that makes sense.
ADDF_Toxic
On Master

Post by ADDF_Toxic »

ic

Return to “Editors and Tools (DMute, DM Builder, ADGE, etc.)”