Monster colours in my custom dungeon? (DM)

Use this forum to discuss dungeon editors and other tools, like DMute (by George Gilbert, also working for RTC dungeons), DM Builder (by Sphenx), and ADGE by `rain. Includes DM editing tips and tricks.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
ADDF_Toxic
On Master

Monster colours in my custom dungeon? (DM)

Post by ADDF_Toxic »

[This post was split from it's original unrelated thread: ADDF -- please pay attention to the threads you're replying to. Thanks. Gambit]

Wizard's Eyes are blue for some odd strange and peculiar reason, also Pain Rats are golden. Is this a bug?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

It is to do with the palette in DM. There are two colours set on each level that change, allowing a wide variety of monster colours in the game with the mimited DM palette. So you will find that if a level is set 'blue' then certain monsters will look odd, and if a certain level is set 'flesh coloured' then other ones will. There are ways to alter it, but for the moment just leave it as it is, and enjoy the oddness : )
ADDF_Toxic
On Master

Post by ADDF_Toxic »

Strange move! It is weird!
Okay, beowuuf, I think I understand. Under F2, Edit Specifications for DMbuild, right? Also hard! Aghghhghghgh I'm stumped on my own dungeon, they keep on killing me!
I'm a boy, unlike my avatar.

Return to “Editors and Tools (DMute, DM Builder, ADGE, etc.)”