ADGE: monsters dropping items

Use this forum to discuss dungeon editors and other tools, like DMute (by George Gilbert, also working for RTC dungeons), DM Builder (by Sphenx), and ADGE by `rain. Includes DM editing tips and tricks.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Adamo
Italodance spammer

ADGE: monsters dropping items

Post by Adamo »

how to cause monsters to drop items, that normally dont? (I mean a monster that IS NOT a screamer, dragon, worm, knight, hellhound, rockpile, skeleton, stone golem or antman)? For example, how to cause gigglers to drop cape each time? In Monster Drops Editor there`s an options for those creatures only, and not for the other. I also tried to activate "monster drops" in Monster stats editor, but without a result.
I realise, that I could manually add required item to every monster of one type in CSBedit, but I cannot do it to these monsters, wchich are activated by a monster generator.
Spoiler
(\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/)
Spoiler
(@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@)
Spoiler
(>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<)
rain`
Artisan

Post by rain` »

Monsters that drop items are actually hard coded into CSB/DM. If you want a giggler to drop a specific item every time, you will have to modify the source. There is no other way around it, besides giving all the gigglers in your dungeon that same item, and using a DSA for gigglers produced by monster generators to give them the item as well.

Return to “Editors and Tools (DMute, DM Builder, ADGE, etc.)”