graphical gliches in CSB (ADGE)

Use this forum to discuss dungeon editors and other tools, like DMute (by George Gilbert, also working for RTC dungeons), DM Builder (by Sphenx), and ADGE by `rain. Includes DM editing tips and tricks.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Adamo
Italodance spammer

graphical gliches in CSB (ADGE)

Post by Adamo »

changing some monster values causes various graphical glitches (glitches on wall ornates), when that monster appears on the screen (I changed giggler graphic values in ADGE to cause mirror front and mirror attack effect in monster editor). I dont know if it`s when mirroring different monsters - I havent tried it yet. Changing other graphical values has nothing do do with it, I think (like resizing, changing colours, graphics, changing attributes etc).

edit: oh, I forgot to add, that game may turn off in that situation
Spoiler
(\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/)
Spoiler
(@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@)
Spoiler
(>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<)
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

I know the reason, but only on a primitive level, so here it goes:
At the beginning of all, when mouse interface and real time dungeons were yet to be created, was the Creators. They were almighty and alquicky, so fast that they were faster than light which didn't exist anyway - they hadn't invented yet the FUL rune, but I digress.
So they said let there be walls, and there were walls, and let there be monsters, and items, and spells, and there were all these things I just mentionned if you remember them still, so I won't repeat them, but I digress.
And when they lit the first torch they saw that it was good, but not that good, because there were nothing to be seen. So they forged the graphics, one for each monster under the moutains, and one for each item in the dungeon, and in the darkness, they created the slots to bind them to their master, the Available Memory.
The number of slots is a magical number I won't reveal to the non-initiated ones, but know it holds great power. Know that a cabalistic sorcerer that could change this golden number would alter the very fabric of the dungeon. Study the Sacred Graphics DotDat: it contains all the answers of the universe. But I digress.
Each monster received a number of slots according to unfathomable criteria. But with time it became clear that backless creatures received less slots, and mirrored ones received more.
Then the Creators left this world and abandonned all sort of complaining, whinning souls to their fate. However they gained in knowledge and tried to create more slots, only to discover that not everybody can play the apprentice-sorcerer, and that they could only give what they took from another.
Since then Chaos reigns on all dungeons.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Bloody marvellous! More of these please.... :)

Return to “Editors and Tools (DMute, DM Builder, ADGE, etc.)”