Character portrait messed up from dMute

Use this forum to discuss dungeon editors and other tools, like DMute (by George Gilbert, also working for RTC dungeons), DM Builder (by Sphenx), and ADGE by `rain. Includes DM editing tips and tricks.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Christopher
DMwiki contributor

Character portrait messed up from dMute

Post by Christopher »

I got to a spot in CSB where I needed a skeleton to drop its sword and shield when destroyed in order to open a certain gate. The weapon database was too big and instead of making the selection of increasing the weapon database as per in game instructions, I opted to delete some swords and shields using dMute. Now that I've done so, my character's portrait's art is messed up even though I didn't adjust the art in any way. I believe dMute 1.3 lets you customize the portraits (something that I wish would be brought back) but 1.4 doesn't. Is there a way to fix this minor problem? As you can imagine, it isn't really a big deal and hasn't caused any real problems. I'm just curious. Even better, is there a place to download dMute 1.3 again?
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

I wasn't aware anything was removed from DMute 1.4 -- are you sure about that?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

It's not removed but buggy for CSB now :(

Edit: http://www.dmjump.net/dmute.zip
Last edited by beowuuf on Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Christopher
DMwiki contributor

Post by Christopher »

Absolutely positive. I used to make character portraits all the time with dMute. After I downloaded 1.4, I couldn't edit portraits without them all causing graphical errors. I have downloaded 1.4 a couple times and on different computers and still get graphical errors with portrait editing.
Edit: No it's not just CSB. If I load character portraits in a regular DM save game, the graphical errors still show.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

PS See the link in my previous post

And it's a known bug, that gambit apparently doesn't know!
Christopher
DMwiki contributor

Post by Christopher »

I got it, it works, thanks.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Ah well, we don't know what we don't know... I wasn't sure if it was a known known, an unknown known, a known unknown, or an unknown unknown. But now I see it must have been -- at least for me -- an unknown known known.

Return to “Editors and Tools (DMute, DM Builder, ADGE, etc.)”