Deleting items from savegame

Use this forum to discuss dungeon editors and other tools, like DMute (by George Gilbert, also working for RTC dungeons), DM Builder (by Sphenx), and ADGE by `rain. Includes DM editing tips and tricks.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Octopuss

Deleting items from savegame

Post by Octopuss »

Excuse my ignorance in case my answer is already covered in some of the topics below, but I selfishly find it easier to just ask instead of browsing throught pages of various stuff :)

I'd like to delete some useless items from my current savegame. So I launched DMute only to realize it isn't possible. I can see the icons of the items on the map, when mousing over them I can see the list, but there's no way to delete anything... Am I doing anything wrong or do I need another utility? - if yes, can you recommend please?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Re: Deleting items from savegame

Post by beowuuf »

Use the delete' key I believe. Or 'd'. The key shortcuts are in the .txt file I believe.
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
Octopuss

Post by Octopuss »

Well, I would, but when I click on the icon, the screen blinks white and nothing happens. Is something wrong?
Octopuss

Post by Octopuss »

Ah after reading the .txt it seems I ONLY can turn items into something else!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Of course, DMUte only mutates, it does not alter the database size by deleting items

If you must get rid of items, what you can do is go into hex editing mode on the tile and remove the two hex bytes top right (I believe). Those are the links to the item list (items on a tile are stored in a linked list, item to next item). Replace with FF FF and the tile will be blanked, and the items will be floating around in the ether!
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

Octopuss

Post by Octopuss »

I actually found it IS possible to delete stuff, lol. D key. Heh. I am getting blind and dumb.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

And I'm getting forgetful too, it would have been FE FE to quickly blank a tile!

It's been so long since I DMuted I've forgotten what it can and can't do!

Octopuss

Post by Octopuss »

The limits are applied to each level individually? I deleted all the crap lying around, but did I help anything at all? :)
It also seems like stuff I already picked up shows up onthe map, which I do not understand.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

It's a global limit

Things you picked up should be in your inventory alone where you can mutated them) but shouldn't also be in the dungeon unless you are using an older saved game

Infact, are you sure you are editng the dmsave.dat (or something similar) saved game and not the original dungeon.dat file?

Octopuss

Post by Octopuss »

Yes I am. Well, since it works I guess it's ok.

Return to “Editors and Tools (DMute, DM Builder, ADGE, etc.)”