help help help help

A forum for discussing world news, ideas, concepts and possibly controversial topics including religion and politics. WARNING: may contain strong opinions or strong language. This does not mean anything goes though!
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
kitekat
Neophyte

help help help help

Post by kitekat »

can someone help me remember the name of an old amiga game i used to love. You had an umbrella and caught raindrops to throw them at enemies. help help thanks guys :D
sucinum
Pal Master

Post by sucinum »

parasol stars? (follow-up to bobble bobble and rainbow islands, if you like it, try new zealand story)
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

Ah, BubbleBobble&RainbowIsland...wonderfull games...and NewZealandStory...just great! (All I say is motherfuckingkiwibastard, for those who know ;-))
Parting is all we know from Heaven, and all we need of hell.
WolfHeart
Apprentice

Post by WolfHeart »

Lunever wrote:Ah, BubbleBobble&RainbowIsland...wonderfull games...and NewZealandStory...just great! (All I say is motherf***ingkiwiba****d, for those who know ;-))
Im not impressed :(
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

I don't know what you mean WolfHeart, but the mo-word was the cheat-mode-word in NewZealandStory.
Parting is all we know from Heaven, and all we need of hell.
Antman
DMwiki contributor

Post by Antman »

I remember that phrase, even more because i AM a kiwi. Does anyone have working versions of Rainbow Islands or Bubble Bobble, i have never been able to find them. I read somewhere that there were secret levels in Rainbow Islands and i also wanted to win it without cheating.
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

I had a demo version on th Atari...was only four levels I think...all the mobs were musical instruments, and the last level had a giant green piano. Another game I liked on tha Atari (another demo though, think we had 11 levels) was called...erm, Onyx or something...you played like a black marble and it moved when you moved the mouse. View was like plan view and you had to roll the marble around the level and avoid quicksand and holes and stuff...
zoom
Grand Master

Post by zoom »

I think it was called Marble Madness
andyboy_uk
On Master

Post by andyboy_uk »

Check here for an up and coming release

http://xiaou2.homestead.com/marbleinsanity.html
and some new shots here
http://www.blitzbasic.com/logs/userlog. ... 84&log=227

Sweet. Cant wait for this one, apparently there could be a demo very very soon.

As for Rainbow islands and parasol stars, I reccomend either an Amiga Emulator (winuae & aiab) and find the ADF files for them. That or a SNES emulator which can play these sorts of games pretty well.

A mate does have one but I cant remember its name.

Google can assist there ;)
Regards,

Andy