Wormy...

A forum for discussing world news, ideas, concepts and possibly controversial topics including religion and politics. WARNING: may contain strong opinions or strong language. This does not mean anything goes though!
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Relig
Craftsman

Wormy...

Post by Relig »

Does anyone remember Wormy from Dragon Magazine?

I loved that strip, and I've been trying to track down the book Tramp was selling in the Dragon mag. but I can't seem to find a copy of it now. It had a picture of the winged lion on it.

Does anyone have a copy that he/she of this book?

Willing to sell/trade/give away??

Cheers!
Relig
Relig
Craftsman

Post by Relig »

Here is some more info regarding Wormy if you never heard of it....

http://politedissent.com/archives/324
BloodFromStone
Expert

Post by BloodFromStone »

I don't remember Wormy. :( I have read a lot of Dragon Magazine, but only more recent issues (Maybe a few years ago), so I guess that was after he got cut.
Relig
Craftsman

Post by Relig »

Ya, I'm an old fart and Wormy was in Dragon a long time ago....;-)

I guess no one seems to have purchased the book, too bad, I loved what artwork that he did for Wormy (he also did the cover for the Users Manual for AD & D - the one with some theives stealing a jewel from an idol - I think)
Jardice
Artisan

Post by Jardice »

Wow I never heard of this comic..then again I was a kid when this was being made (plus I really didn't have a good understanding of how D&D was Played).

Wormy a nice comic(just read the archive) too bad it ended.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Phil Foglio wrote:"When an artist's checks are returned uncashed, he is presumed dead."
I never read Dragon magazine so missed this delightful cartoon. Running for over 120 magazines is pretty impressive, but shame the artist's disappeared. I wonder if he really is still out there?
BloodFromStone
Expert

Post by BloodFromStone »

(he also did the cover for the Users Manual for AD & D - the one with some theives stealing a jewel from an idol - I think)
Ohhh, nice. That was one of the first manuals I owned as a kid. I remember that picture well.