I'm selling my past life on eBay...

A forum for discussing world news, ideas, concepts and possibly controversial topics including religion and politics. WARNING: may contain strong opinions or strong language. This does not mean anything goes though!
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

I'm selling my past life on eBay...

Post by Gambit37 »

The time has come to seriously DO what I have been TALKING ABOUT for about four years: selling the bulk of my stuff.

The reasons are many, but include:

1) Not having the space in my new flat shre to store it all
2) Not needing (or wanting) much of it
3) Finally being able to let go of things that I thought defined me but in fact only defined a period of my life that I have little recognition of now
4) Making a bit of cash

I've started putting stuff on there today. It started with Lone Wolf Books but has started to include music, dvds and retro games too. And yes, there will eventually be some DM stuff in there but only the crappy copies -- I'm keeping the good stuff!

There might be stuff you'd like to get hold of, so if you have a minute, why not check it out:

http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZgambit.37QQhtZ-1
ian_scho
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

I can imagine that it's difficult to let go some of your stuff. For one, I always find it impossible to give a book away. However, you have recognised the true 'value' of these items, and maybe someone else can appreciate them more now.

You have a professional looking ebay-shop-window, btw. :P
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Some of the items get the pretty 2 column approach -- but as time ticks on, more of them will be dumped on using eBay's own tools which look rubbish but are a lot quicker...! :-)
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Re: I'm selling my past life on eBay...

Post by Gambit37 »

Eleven years later to this thread....!!!

I've finally got around to selling all my remaining gamebook related stuff. I didn't sell all of it back in 2007 (see above), and I ended up buying even more (especially the New Lone Wolf books)!! Crazy, crazy. Anyway...

I just sold the Fighting Fantasy Fest Goodybag for £51 and the associated poster for £15. That rather surprised and pleased me :-) I also sold an original set of Golden Dragon Gamebooks for £25.

I'll be adding a load of gamebook stuff to eBay over the next few days: if you're a gamebook fan, or know anyone who is, please take a look at my eBay Page. I have 18 hardback collector's Lone Wolf books to sell too - although I probably won't put those on eBay until I'm back from holiday in mid September.

Thanks! :-)