Wuuf's moving!

A forum for discussing world news, ideas, concepts and possibly controversial topics including religion and politics. WARNING: may contain strong opinions or strong language. This does not mean anything goes though!
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Wuuf's moving!

Post by beowuuf »

Umm, ok, it's only a few hundred yards into the centre of town, but, you know, that's still pretty cool!

Got my own flat, mortgage and all...well, 50% of one in a houseshare scheme county thing.

Anyway,m woohoo for home ownership in a recession and negative equaity, but boo to internet service providers that don't stick fibre optic into your building. Will have to figure out the best prvider and get with one, until then I'll be offline from this weekend-ish to...well, whenever! Hopefully not too long :D

Since I've been twatting people at work for abusing the net connection, I don;'t want to start using the work net connection so I guess I'll be all silent for a while :(
zoom
Grand Master

Post by zoom »

super dooper!
well, that's good news beo!

Moving towards the center is cool! yes :)
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Hey, congrats on the move and your first home as owner! I still have no idea when I will be able to afford somewhere!

Hopefully you'll get broadband soon -- are you saying that you can't get cable at all? Virgin are pretty good, I thought they have massive coverage in all towns and cities?
MasterWuuf
Arch Master

Post by MasterWuuf »

I'm glad for you Beo. All the best. It's nice to be sticking your rent money into something you'll own.

We lived in New Mexico for awhile, bought a nice house, and the real estate agent talked me into allowing her to rent the place instead of selling.

We've been gone for seven or eight years now. It was a great decision, financially, since the rent pays for the loan and then some.

Plus, the house has risen in equity almost $5000 a year. It's like being given an extra hundred bucks a week. We'll see how the housing situation goes now, but it's been good so far.

Good luck in your new situation. Hope to hear from you soon.
"Wuuf's big brother"
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Thanks all!
ian_scho
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

The first thing I did when I moved into a shiney new empty house was buy a computer desk.... A day later I thought a bed would be a good idea as well :oops:

Good luck!
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

I just hope you won't be gone long enough that someone will be able to catch up with your post count.

But this is a great reason to stay away from the forums for a while! All the best to you and your new home! :D
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

I hope you won't stay long out the web!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

A company next door chucked a comp desk out, dithered about stealing it and missed it as someone else obviously nabbed it!

already have the bed - well, the folding bed chair thingie from old place given to me by housemate, so I can concentrate on the important stuff - like getting net soon :D
MasterWuuf
Arch Master

Post by MasterWuuf »

Beo is a slowpoke. Should have snatched that up, friend. :P

Glad you have a bed. I saw a laptop desk the other day. It took up less space but it kind of freaked me out at first.
"Wuuf's big brother"
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

I first got the bed, then the big screen tv, surround sound, then the couch (about 6 months later), etc. The bed was rather important.. but the couch I suppose not as much.. since I could sit on lawn chairs in front of a big screen tv and watch movies like I was at the theater... wooo!! Internet though, I can't live without for more than a couple days.. and the computer I always have due to work.. not always a computer desk, but a kitchen table does just fine in a pinch :) which is why I now use my laptop more often.. heck, it's far more powerful than my desktop I have now!! plus wireless internet, which allows you to snag a connection here and there. Those generous enough to leave an open port for poor bastards stuck out in the middle of nowhere trying to find out where they are going and all they have is a little laptop.. heh.. yes, speaking from experience.. finding a free port and checking google maps was great :) Also used it to check tram schedules in bordeaux, and other things in london.

Anyway, good luck on the hows ownership thing.. the only downside is being responsible for everything yourself, but it's not much different in many of the slums I've lived where if you want something fix, don't bother asking.. just get it done yourself.. I had one landlord "fix" a water rot situation with a little white spray paint on the ceiling.. uh yeah.. that was toilet water on the ceiling.. hello?! when brown water ends up in the light bowl on your ceiling and fills it to half way, and the whole thing looks like it's pregnant, and turns a nice shade of brownish black... a bit of spraypaint is not going to do the job.. uff.. So uh yeah. I'm going to stop rambling now.. woo

yay Beo!!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Heh, 50% share of a new build means the developers are still beholden for some thigns to be fixed, and the housing association are on hand for other things

Anyway, three weeks to the day, i finally got internet and am back, woohoo!

Friday 14th i got the keys, aswell as securing a fridge for saturday collection and a washing machine/tumble drier. It was on to the local charity for a few tables, chest of drawers to also put comp on and a shelf unit for clothes, then picked up my best friend at the train station

With one or two minor niggles, everything went to plan with the move, stayed up til 4am on the saturday night putting everything in my room to the right place!

Managed to get the foton set up as a couch/bed, then ended up just using the matress alone in my room. Curtains went up on the saturday 15th and 22nd for living room and kitchen, and apart from a niggle with actually getting a working washing mahcine delivered, it's been pretty sweet!

Argos are hopeless for delivery, so my proper bed is still to arrive, but otherwise i have had a very nice, stress free existence with everything i could want except net for the last few weeks :D

Internet seems to workfine with only a minor battle, so I'm back! Woohoo! Hello!

Did anyone miss me? :cry:
Broken_Paladin
Craftsman

Post by Broken_Paladin »

I'm glad your back beowuuf and glad you got new place.
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Hey, groovy, nice that things are going well :). Now come kick the shit out of Oscus for me ;).
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Lol, you want me to try? Ok :D

You do know we have over 1000 grendaes and i have another level now, right? I got ansy and started logging in this week as it was christmas, to see if anything was happening

And thanks BP!
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

WOOHOOTY! Welcome back beo bonce. It's been pretty quiet without you. You are clearly our friendly glue. Time for me to sniff you again. :-D
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

ok, I just had an odd visual I won't soon forget.... :shock:
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Hey, at least you got to be a spectator in that scary visual!
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Um. Yeah. Woo hoo!
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

Wheee! Welcome back Wuuf-Monster! Sounds fine, PaulH came back and told us about his Trouser Titan being god, so you are just in time for your favourite subjects!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Indeed, that whole bit of thread was almost quoted by me in the fourm quote of the week :D
MasterWuuf
Arch Master

Post by MasterWuuf »

Any difficulties of consequence, in regard to your new home?

Did you break down and purchase a computer desk, or have you opted for the convenience of a laptop?
"Wuuf's big brother"
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Nah, the move has been pretty much hassle free.

I'm using a chest of drawers as a comp desk as I did before at my first rented room here, and I have both a desktop and laptop - though the laptop has overheated with a broken fan so I need to replace it, get an external fan, or leave it be

My interrum room had a tall chest of drawers and no table, hence why i never used my desktop
Adamo
Italodance spammer

Post by Adamo »

There`s a lot of people from UK on the forum. So you might upload a UK map from "Google Maps" and add a thumbtacks on your actual places!
http://maps.google.pl/maps?hl=pl&q=%22u ... 1&ct=title
Spoiler
(\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/)
Spoiler
(@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@)
Spoiler
(>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<)