swabian wonder world

A forum for discussing world news, ideas, concepts and possibly controversial topics including religion and politics. WARNING: may contain strong opinions or strong language. This does not mean anything goes though!
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Re: swabian wonder world

Post by Jan »

This is really horrible. I can't understand how something like this can happen in a country like Germany - or anywhere. :|

Perhaps we should go back to the topic - your job in the Maschinenbaubetrieb.
Finally playing and immensely enjoying the awesome Thimbleweed Park-a-reno!
T0Mi
Expert

Post by T0Mi »

There is now a warning next to the link.

It will take some time to write something appropriate.
(I'd love to take part in the leap thread, as well as the weird time travel thread too, but... well.)

EDIT: not much to report. Nothing that's worth a post at least. I'll be gone for a while. Have fun. :)
T0Mi
Expert

Post by T0Mi »

Aww, man. Holy crap.

The lawsuit is lost.

For months I've been waiting for that date, hoping to get back on track once that sick f*ck is gone.

I don't get it.

We've had 5 (in words: five) dates at the court, the final 2 dates because my shithead neighbour continued to violate disciplinary warnings from the house management, blocking the garages with his car and emptying the garbage cans in front of my garage. He also attacked 2 women, one of them had to be treated by a emergency doctor because of a blood pressure of 220. She left the house immediately after. She could have done us a favor if she would have asked the doc for a medical report. But she just left and never returned. This was all reported and documented with photos and passed on to the court. We were absolutely sure we would win.
The thing was: other than the house management, there were no witnesses, or at least none that were willing to speak in front of the court. As claimant none of what we said had any weight for the court.

I don't know what to do.

I sure do not want to continue to live in a home where I have to block the front door like this each and every time I come back 'home':

http://www.flickr.com/photos/61825968@N ... hotostream

If you would like to see him in action, here's a short video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDS0cN-krlU

And this is really harmless and just him being his usual self, he is not even treatening anyone. I've had a similar video online some time ago, but removed it after RTL (a yellow press kind of private television station) asked me if they could use it for a report on neigbourhood fights.

I don't want to start speaking the language he does. I've turned into an aggressive asshole enough already; this seems to be the only way my mind is able to deal with it. The years don't bring wisdom, they just make you old. And cranky.

Anyway. Just wanted to let you know about the outcome of this ordeal.
He does not yet know about his "victory" as I type this, but sure as hell can imagine what it will be like if the note from the judge arrives here...
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

Oh, that sucks. :( The door barrier just speaks for itself. Oh, my... he has a nice belly, by the way... :roll:

Perhaps moving out to live somewhere else is the best option now, isn't it? Or what are you going to do? Just don't do anything... you know... anything you would regret later.

Anyway, I'm glad you're still around. Is everything OK at least at work? I hope so! Have a better time!
Finally playing and immensely enjoying the awesome Thimbleweed Park-a-reno!
oh_brother
Son of Heaven

Post by oh_brother »

Very sorry to hear that. It is hard to believe that someone can make so many people miserable and frightened without any consequences.
T0Mi wrote: I don't want to start speaking the language he does. I've turned into an aggressive asshole enough already; this seems to be the only way my mind is able to deal with it.
I agree with Jan, if you don't feel safe and his actions are changing your personality then it would be worth considering moving (even though that would just be giving someone else the same problem...no ideal solution)
Bit
Arch Master

Post by Bit »

One really gets the impression that in this country those who go for the court or to a police station are guilty because of the worst crime possible: causing them to do something for their money.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I really did hope for a better resolution to this for you Tomi!
ian_scho
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

The door barrier is a harrowing photograph. Thanks for keeping us updated, and I wish you well....

And patience. Just try to outlive the fucker.
T0Mi
Expert

Post by T0Mi »

Strangly enough you guys, although from afar, point out exactly the solutions (and dangers) that have been pondering my mind for the last few days.

I've taken a look at a nice little house yesterday. Would be in good enough condition to move in right away. It would feel like cheating though, leaving those behind that don't have a chance of getting out. For most of the others, their flat has been an investment for life.

My neigbour directly ahead is a busdriver from the Serbia and works for a large tourist agency, only stays here on weekends, his wife is the one with the heart problems, now living solely back at his home in Serbia after the attack. My neighbour below is russian and worked as a geriatric nurse and is currently fighting with cancer. Then we have a overly peaceful hippie couple working at the psychatric hospital and finally there is the one who has drawn the worst straw, living directly next to that asshole. Both speak russian and polish, so they have lots of nice things to say to each other.

Here is a video of the second attack on the hippie women. I've recorded it, as I never leave the house without the mobile running in video mode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BL3hoU48Wk

Translation: "My car disturbance? Your basket too!". As explanation: There is a local vegetable service dropping their load directly at their customers and they got a new driver who accidently has put the basket in front of MY garage instead of hers. Go figure.

This happened WHILE the period of the trial was still going on.

After this attack she refused to return into the house as she felt threatened, so we went to the police.
I told the officer that he threated to burn down the house (in front of everybody while a owners gathering) and asked if they would do anything if he started to carry gas canisters into the house. His answer was (quoted word by word): "No, we can't. There could as well be fruit juice inside."

I could go on endlessly. Especially on the judicial part. But it would just be boring for you (and provocative).

Anne Frank said: "Humans get used to everything".

It's true. They do.
oh_brother
Son of Heaven

Post by oh_brother »

For what it is worth I think you are doing the right thing taking videos every time you leave the house. If the problem was that the word of claimants was not accepted by a judge, surely a video could not be refuted. And surely someday you will catch him in full flow.