Economic crisis

A forum for discussing world news, ideas, concepts and possibly controversial topics including religion and politics. WARNING: may contain strong opinions or strong language. This does not mean anything goes though!
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
frank1974
Novice

Economic crisis

Post by frank1974 »

Some of you may have noticed that there are some problems in the economic markets!
Apparently some countries owe lots and lots of money to......well some things that end in market.
bond market, debt market and some other ones that i cant remember right now, oh lets not forget the chinese as well.

Anyway i have a plan.........why cant the money men( and women) just go round and kill lots of monsters, big axe wielding ones are always good.
Collect all the weapons that they drop.....(i'm sure you can work the rest of this plan out) sell the weapons and then pay off all the debts!

Hummm...........am i spending to much time making(TRYING TO MAKE ARRRRRR) dungeons and reading things on this forum!
this plans either genius or i'm losing my mind.
Sophia
Concise and Honest

Re: Economic crisis

Post by Sophia »

frank1974 wrote:why cant the money men( and women) just go round and kill lots of monsters, big axe wielding ones are always good.
Collect all the weapons that they drop.....(i'm sure you can work the rest of this plan out) sell the weapons and then pay off all the debts!
One could argue this is more or less what they've been doing, and what got us into this mess in the first place. :P
frank1974
Novice

Post by frank1974 »

Are you suggesting that all the money spent on Iraq and afghanistan has been a waste?
Bit
Arch Master

Post by Bit »

Ecognomes...
We really don't need 3D as DDD!
Why do they say crisis if the same program they all use says 'sell' on the same input?
That's all nothing more than a self-fullfilling prophecy again. It's all because of mass-dumbness, running blind after some blabla of evil priests of this false religion money.
Raising population, shortening resources. We don't need to worry about global warming. They'll solve that problem their way:
Lesser population, more resources, lesser CO2 - so you know what we have to expect...
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

Sir Humphrey: Didn't you read the Financial Times this morning?
Sir Desmond: Never do.
Sir Humphrey: Well, you're a banker. Surely you read the Financial Times?
Sir Desmond: Can't understand it. Full of economic theory.
Sir Humphrey: Why do you buy it?
Sir Desmond: Oh, you know, it's part of the uniform. (...) It took me thirty years to understand Keynes' economics. And when I just caught on, everyone started getting hooked on these monetarist ideas. You know, 'I Want To Be Free' by Milton Shillman.
Sir Humphrey: Milton Friedman?
Sir Desmond: Why are they all called Milton? Anyway, I only got as far as Milton Keynes.
Sir Humphrey: Maynard Keynes.
Sir Desmond: I'm sure there is a Milton Keynes?
Finally playing and immensely enjoying the awesome Thimbleweed Park-a-reno!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Hacker: Don't tell me about the press. I know exactly who reads the papers: The Daily Mirror is read by people who think they run the country; The Guardian is read by people who think they ought to run the country; The Times is read by the people who actually do run the country; The Daily Mail is read by the wives of the people who run the country; The Financial Times is read by people who own the country; The Morning Star is read by people who think the country ought to be run by another country; And The Daily Telegraph is read by people who think it is.

Sir Humphrey: Prime Minister, what about the people who read The Sun?

Bernard: Sun readers don't care who runs the country, as long as she's got big tits.
Sophia
Concise and Honest

Post by Sophia »

frank1974 wrote:Are you suggesting that all the money spent on Iraq and afghanistan has been a waste?
I was actually speaking more allegorically. There's always a new problem to solve: a new axe wielding monster to slay. It doesn't necessarily have to involve physical combat.

But, sure. All a waste? I don't know. But, it certainly hasn't been money well spent, that's for sure. :?
Bit
Arch Master

Post by Bit »

why cant the money men( and women) just go round and kill lots of monsters, big axe wielding ones are always good.
The virtual world is already infected too. Making it in my latest dm2-clone version to load the savegame right at the merchant - this guy suddenly says no when paying the price for a sling. This guild is simply evil!
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

frank1974 wrote:Are you suggesting that all the money spent on Iraq and afghanistan has been a waste?
in a way it is, yes. what is happening over there would have turned into civil war anyway, with information and social media. it would have taken longer, but adventually the people would rebel, just like in the past. it was a big loss in resources yes, but the lives would have still been spilt if not now, later down the road. media is taking over and soon there will be no such thing as freedom, the very thing that is being claimed to have war. it is now a cyber war on informational sources, as info, especially disinfo, is a far more dangerous weapon than a conventional war. Logans Run, hahaha, it sure seems similar :)
keep your gor coin handy