Wanna Help Translate DM2 into Spanish?

A forum for discussing world news, ideas, concepts and possibly controversial topics including religion and politics. WARNING: may contain strong opinions or strong language. This does not mean anything goes though!
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
purple1
Adept

Wanna Help Translate DM2 into Spanish?

Post by purple1 »

I've setup a Google Docs spreadsheet that anyone can fill in with Spanish replacements for the English words. When it's filled out I'll upload a modified Graphics.dat file for others to play DM2 with. I took some Spanish in high school but mostly I'd be looking up words on the Internet. Anybody more familiar with Spanish? Care to help?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... DNmeDRLcnc

Things I don't feel confident in translating are the weapon attack commands (don't know what conjugation to use) and the dialog box choices (don't know what grammar would be natural for a Spanish computer program). I've seen foreign stuff translated to English where a dialog box has a button saying "To open the files" where it should just say "Open File". Stuff like that is beyond my knowledge.
oh_brother
Son of Heaven

Re: Wanna Help Translate DM2 into Spanish?

Post by oh_brother »

I think this could be difficult to do well without a native speaker to at least proof-read. I am sure it would end up with something analogous to "all your base are belong to us".
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

I've learnt spanish at school a looong time ago : most of google translate results from english will be right.
For actions, you can use verbs at the infinitive. For example, "Chop" becomes "Cortar" but some words in DM have been simplified like "Melee" which means "Melee attack". It should be translated "Ataque cuerpo a cuerpo" which won't fit in the interface...

I'd be happy to help but the spreadsheet is read-only :(
"The only way out is another way in." Try Sukumvit's Labyrinth II
purple1
Adept

Post by purple1 »

You may have to log in to Google to edit it. I'm not sure. Here's a download link for the spreadsheet.
http://www.mediafire.com/?lj1jwi79af0cgwp
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

i can't, even if i'm logged, you may have a look at sharing options in Google Docs.
Also mediafire domain is prohibited from my work place :(
"The only way out is another way in." Try Sukumvit's Labyrinth II